|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Operations and Program Management - GI DDU in our Cambridge office.|
Reporting to the VP, Projects and Operations in the GI DDU, this role will be responsible for project management of multiple projects across the GI DDU hybrid drug discovery model (externalized and internal research). This role will work to establish a robust project management infrastructure serving the global team. Candidates will be energetic, flexible, thorough, and responsive to form the backbone that drives a successful drug discovery group for GI.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager working on the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit Operations and Program Management team, you will be empowered to lead the early discovery projects to clinical studies and contribute towards expanding the pipeline for Takeda, and a typical day will include:
- Lead project execution activities in collaboration with Scientific Project Leaders based in Boston, San Diego, Shonan (Japan) and Europe (Switzerland & UK)
- Inititiate and manage highly collaborative cross-functional relationships within Takeda and outside with Takeda partners and service providers in support of GI DDU projects.
- Design, and implement solid project management infrastructure to support project execution covering reporting, project planning, documentation workflow, budgeting, and risk management.
- Be a proactive voice and the single source of truth for monitoring and reporting of project issues, plans, budgets and resources.
- Plan ahead with Scientific Leaders and TREC GPMs to put in place all elements of Scientific Plans and all components that will go into the future Asset Strategy for each assigned GI DDU project
- Energetically engage with the entire DDU team to assure visibility of all DDU KPIs and make critical contributions to project operations to accelerate delivery and meet overall DDU performance goals
- Manage setting of project objectives and critical path timelines with Scientific Project leaders for projects assigned to this role
- Set project planning disciplines and deliver all planning work products required to manage GI DDU projects assigned to this role.
- Lead cross-functional meetings, including the creation and distribution of meeting agendas and minutes, and drive completion of action items. Ensure good meeting disciplines are continuously maintained (with supporting documentation) so that there is a clear logical record of events for each project or partnership.
- Develop and maintain project infrastructure including library/repositories of data & actions, project Gantt Charts, and Budgets. Ensure data integrity to support accurate reporting and communications. Track progress against project plans and ensures project teams/stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver assays/contracts/decisions etc
- Manage all project reporting and support implementation of Tableau system for project visibility and global dashboard. Manage stakeholder communication in support of project execution.
- Manage business operations for the GI DDU, partnering with internal and cross-functional resources within Finance, Legal, and other operations groups. Manage the GI DDU documentation workflow, ensuring that deliverables are provided on schedule.
- Coach and support Scientific Project Leaders to drive projects to stage gates and ensure KPIs are met. Highlight and resolve project risks and issues with project team.
- Ensure smooth cross-functionally liaisons with critical functions for project success (Legal, Finance, Sourcing, HR, and across all scientific functions as necessary). Be accountable for good budgetary disciplines and adherence to contractual commitments.
- Drive continuous improvement activities for all project management processes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Structured thinker, strong organizational bias. Ability to implement structure without impacting efficiency of team
- Core planning skills with high level of discipline and thorough attention to detail
- Confident communicator, utilizing tact and diplomacy up/down hierarchy and across matrix. Default orientation to collaboration and consensus. Can stand own ground and defend team decisionsAbility to organise and lead teams. Takes initiative to resolve problems rapidly.
- Logical thinker with preference for analysis to support decisions and a good process orientation.
- Focus on results and ability to focus upon bigger picture/departmental objectives.
- Self motivated and self directing to deliver the core responsibilities of the role and motivated to learn and expand skill-set beyond the scope of the role
- Solid financial knowledge of cost-based budgeting (internal and external costs) and ability to seek out savings/efficiencies
- Strong presentation skills with competence in using powerpoint, m/s project, and excel to above average proficiency. Good written skills via email/Word to communicate information succinctly.
- Sound scientific knowledge with Bachelor s degree (or higher) in Science or Management related discipline with 5-9 years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or research focused academic environment, with a demonstrable broad understanding of drug discovery & development practices. Robust project management skills with solid process orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required
- This position is based in our Cambridge office
- Use of video/webex from home out of hours occasionally to link with global team for project meetings in differing timezones.
- Occasional travel to project team meetings may be required (San Diego/Shonan/Congresses)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.