Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Outcomes Research in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Title working on the Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The Director, Outcomes Research (OR) is a research position, functioning within Takeda s U.S. Medical Office, Outcomes Research Team, and contributing to the successful development and commercialization of new and innovative peri-approval and marketed products in the U.S. As a member of the OR team, the Director will play a key role in helping shape strategy, identify best practices, and contribute to the development of a best-in-class OR team, focused on collaborative research. The Director OR is an individual contributor and cross-functional matrix team leader, and in collaboration and partnership with internal and external stakeholders is responsible for the development and management of product and program specific OR strategies, plans, studies and contracts . The Director, ORwill provide quality and outcomes research leadership for assigned products, and will specifically:
- Contribute to the development and execution of U.S. Medical strategies to elucidate unmet patient-centered healthcare needs and to demonstrate the value of Takeda s products to patients and differentiate the products to payers and other relevant decision makers.
- Participate in the development of value propositions that differentiate assigned products for payers, policymakers, healthcare systems & providers, patients and other stakeholders.
- Lead multiple work streams and be hands on in projects relating to OR activities (e.g., health economic modeling, value communications, value based contracting elements, observational research, pragmatic clinical trials, adherence programs, Beyond the Pill (BTP) initiatives) to a high standard.
- Maintain awareness of scientific developments in assigned therapeutic area(s), new and innovative OR methodologies, and trends in the evolving healthcare landscape, to assure incorporation into U.S. Medical strategies and research plans.
- Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to support the development and creation of medical and outcomes research strategies for assigned products.
- Design, implement, manage and communicate results of OR studies that align with product-specific objectives.
- Represent OR on cross-functional teams related to product development and commercialization.
- Form Integrated or collaborative partnerships and with key internal stakeholders (including Managed Markets, Payer Marketing, New Product Planning, Global Outcomes Research, U.S. Product Medicla Units, Medical Teams, U.S. commercial brand teams and business units)to ensure that OR priorities and strategies are aligned with shared product strategic objectives and goals.
- Collaborate and partner with external payer and other organized provider groups on the development and execution of outcomes research studies that demonstrate the value of our products and informs patient access and reimbursement decision making.
- Conduct relevant outcomes research activities which may include, but not be limited to:
- Longitudinal prospective observational, pragmatic trials, and/or patient registries evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic endpoints;
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and adherence;
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care providers/practitioners, and/or payers;
- Development and evaluation of value based contracting alternatives
- Assessments exploring burden of illness and/or comparative effectiveness;
- Models of cost-effectiveness and budget impact;
- Evaluation of BTP and adherence programs.
- Develop, review, implement and oversee execution of outcomes research protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs),and reports.
- Actively support all publication activites related to ongoing or completed work.
- Promote effective communication of study findings as appropriate, in conference presentations, publications, dossiers and other means. Communicate with relevant internal and external audiences, including regulatory bodies, health care providers/practitioners, payers, health systems, patients and others.
- Upon request, coordinate and deliver scientific, pharmacoeconomic and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchanges to regionally and nationally based managed care organizations, pharmacy benefits management companies, government payers, health care systems, and other organizations or professionals that are involved with health care policy, disease management/quality improvement, comparative effectiveness, and medication formulary decisions.
Combination of academic training and practical experience in scientific methods is required. This may consist of:
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, psychology, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus 8 years practical experience, or
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), with ten years practical experience, and
- Practical experience (preferred number of years as noted above) in performing applied healthcare research, in any setting, including life sciences company, research organization, academic institution or governmental agency, is required.
- Expert knowledge and experience in management of applied healthcare research in the multi-disciplinary drug development and commercialization environment and process (involving multiple stakeholders) is expected.
- Knowledge of clinical research and study design along the continuum of drug development is highly desireable.
- In-depth knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system is expected.
- Demonstrated expertise in applied healthcare research (such as, but not limited to, health services evaluation, six-sigma, patient registries, pragmatic clinical trials, retrospective or prospective observational studies, patient-reported outcomes/health-related quality of life assessment, clinical-economic modeling and analysis, meta-analysis) is required.
- Demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused HEOR tool development is expected.
- Knowledge of health economics is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting or interpreting statistical analysis is highly desired.
- Strong leadership capability with proven skills in team building, and motivating and developing people, is expected.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and lead effectively in a matrixed team environment is expected.
- Broad experience in collaborating with research partners and in managing multiple tasks and complex projects is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific evidence, with strong written and verbal presentation skills, is required.
- No unusual physical demands are expected in this position.
- Manual dexterity is expected sufficient to use or operate office equipment (computers, phones, etc.).
- In this position, one should be able to sit or stand for long periods of time (e.g., while traveling).
- Takeda is a global company with corporate headquarters in Japan and with Pharmaceutical Development Division (PDD) headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, USA.
- Travel to meetings (sometimes requiring overnight stays) involving Takeda colleagues, research partners, and/or external stakeholders is a requirement of the position.
- This position may be either office or field-based. If field-based, travel to Deerfield will be required approximately twice a month, in addition to a travel commitment of approximately 20 - 25 %.
- Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.