Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Scientist II / I in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Scientist II / I working on the DMPK team, you will be empowered to provide strategic vision and leadership to the Transporter group and supervise, mentor and develop multiple scientists and manage CRO activities, and a typical day will include:
This individual will lead the drug transporter team within DMPK at Takeda Boston site. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to the Transporter group for planning and execution of high quality in vitro DDI studies to understand and quantify the role of transporters involved in the disposition of drug candidates, and identify potential liabilities for transport of co-administered drugs. Write comprehensive reports in support of IND/NDA submissions.
- Provide DMPK leadership in support of clinical DDI study design and interpretation of DDI findings based on the mechanisms and alteration of drug-transporter activities in humans.
- Supervise, mentor and develop multiple scientists and manage CRO activities for outsourced transporter-related work.
- Proactively engage with emerging technologies, participate in consortia for investigation of evolving technologies, and conduct research to improve capabilities and understanding of clearance and transport of drugs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Qualifications for Job (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Effectiveness, Collaboration and Leadership):
- Hands-on laboratory experience in the evaluation of all aspects of the role of transporters is required. Expertise in LC/MS instrumentation and experience with developing methods for the determination of substrate/inhibition potential of transporters is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of clinical relevance of clearance mechanism, metabolic pathways, enzymology, drug transport across multiple organs and regulatory guidances on DDI is required. Additional experience, knowledge and expertise in the following areas are a plus:
- Writing/reviewing ADME reports for regulatory submission
- Ability to work independently and having excellent written and oral communication skills.
- DMPK project representative in discovery and development teams.
- Proven track record in insightful publications contributing to of all aspects of enzymology and transporter related works.
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements for the transporter assays is a must.
Requirements for Job (Years of experience, Education, Certifications):
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmacology and/or Pharmaceutical Sciences with a minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience with the assessment of the role of enzymes and transporters in the disposition of drugs and metabolites is required.
- MS candidates with a minimum of 10 years of experience may be considered.
- Experience in supervising scientists and associates and a good track record of publications on determination of phenotypes, reversible and time-dependent inhibition and induction, and substrate and inhibition potential of transporters.
- The candidate must be a team player with excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and handle effectively multiple projects is must.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.