you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support
your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join
us as Director, Global Alliance Management in our Cambridge, MA office.
everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
mission. As a Director, Global Alliance Management working on the Global
Alliance Management team, you will be empowered to maximize the success,
value and efficiency of our partnered programs by providing leadership and
establishing alliance management best practices for each of our major alliances
across Takeda globally. A typical day will include:
- This role will support the strategies
and business plans of Takeda and further establish Takeda as a partner of
- Implement strategic initiatives to
enhance our alliance management capability that enables Takeda to achieve its
growth plan and gain a reputation as a premier alliance partner.
- Lead the development of tools and
training to educate all Takeda alliance team members to effectively manage
alliance activities and constructively avoid or resolve conflicts with alliance
- Develop and maintain key relationships
across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to achieve
- Independently lead multiple
strategically important global alliance partnerships. These product alliances
may involve commercial products or products in R&D and can span all
functions and regions across the company.
- Design the governance of all new
alliances including dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Lead the launches of new partnerships
and the ongoing governance of existing alliances.
- Committee members will include executives
from various functions within Takeda and from the alliance partners.
- Monitor all alliance related activities
and lead joint teams in resolving issues regarding effective communication,
conflict, or role clarification, including leading impasse resolution between
companies when necessary.
- Monitor contractual obligations and
deliverables for both Takeda and its alliance partner to ensure
responsibilities are met, including leading process for revising contractual
agreements as necessary.
- Measure alliance performance and
implement action plans for continuous improvement across Takeda s alliance
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND
- Bachelor s degree required, Advanced
Degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of R&D, sales,
marketing or other relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Minimum of four years in
management-level positions with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience designing and implementing
strategic initiatives to create organizational alignment and/or establish new
- Experience leading cross-functional teams,
including senior management members, to accomplish shared goals.
- Experience working with long-term
- Deep understanding and experience in at
least two of the following areas:
drug development and approval
sales and marketing
and business development
management experience preferred
- Professional certification in alliance
management, project management, corporate training, or another relevant
- This position requires 20-35% travel, including international trips.
- This position requires the ability to drive to various meetings /
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company
match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health &
Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off
for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO
employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers
qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable
laws. For more information, visit
No Phone Calls or