|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist / Research Investigator, Fermentation Development in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist / Research Investigator, Fermentation Development working on the Biologics & New Modality Development team, you will be empowered to develop manufacturing platforms & processes for novel proteins that will be transformative to patients and work with cross-functional teams to move these therapies into the clinic and beyond, and a typical day will include
- Assist in the establishment of non-mammalian expression and fermentation capabilities for the production of novel (non-mAb/non-Fc) proteins of therapeutic interest. Specific objectives in this area include supporting 1) the evaluation and implementation of bacterial or other non-mammalian based expression platforms and 2) the optimization of fermentation conditions as a means of improving expression levels or reducing COGs to commercially-viable levels
- Assist in the establishment of internal lab capabilities to support these areas, including identifying and implementing critical technology platforms and equipment
- Serve as a technical liason with external collaborators or Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations, providing expression or fermentation technical support as needed for specific therapeutic assets
- Represent Upstream Development and work effectively with internal CMC teams in developing integrated manufacturing strategies and timelines to accelerate the clinical development and commercialization of protein candidates.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 6+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 4+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience in the expression of non-Fc proteins, including enzymes or other novel scaffolds via bacterial, yeast or other non-mammalian platforms
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with fermentation optimization strategies, including the optimization of media and physicochemical parameters and DOE
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques for recombinant protein expression and the operation of benchtop stirred-tank bioreactors (of varying scales)
- Bachelors or Masters: Extensive experience in CMC pharmaceutical development for active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products under cGMP s
- PhD: Demonstrated mastery of subject or area related to field
- Previous experience with the use of contract facilities
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
require approximately 5-10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.