you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support
your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join
us as a Sr. Director, Global Alliance
Management in our Cambridge office.
everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
mission. As a Sr. Director of Global
Alliance Management working on the Global Alliance Management team, you will be empowered to maximize the success, value and
efficiency of our partnered programs by providing leadership and establishing
alliance management best practices for each of our major alliances across
Takeda globally. A typical day will include:
- The Sr. Director of Global Alliance
Management will support the strategies and business plans of
Takeda and further establish Takeda as a partner of choice.
- This position will participate in
developing and evolving Takeda s overarching strategy for managing alliances
- Participate in strategy development and
implementation of alliance management
best-practices globally. This includes serving as a center of
excellence beyond our current alliance portfolio to support alliances across
various Takeda functions globally.
- Lead the design and implementation of strategic initiatives to create an
alliance management capability that enables Takeda to achieve its growth plan
and gain a reputation as a premier alliance partner.
- Lead the development of tools and training to educate all Takeda
alliance team members to effectively manage alliance activities and
constructively avoid or resolve conflicts with alliance partners.
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of
influence, both internally and externally, to achieve alliance objectives.
- Lead a portfolio of Takeda s global alliance partnerships within
designated therapeutic areas. These product alliances may involve commercial
products or products in R&D and can span all functional areas.
- Design the governance of new alliances including dispute resolution.
- Lead the launches of new partnerships and the ongoing governance of
existing alliances. Committee members will include executives from various
functions within Takeda and from the alliance partners.
- Monitor all alliance related activities and lead joint teams in
resolving issues regarding effective communication, conflict, or
role clarification, including leading impasse resolution between companies when necessary.
- Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables for both Takeda and its
alliance partners to ensure responsibilities are met.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND
- Bachelor s degree required, Advanced Degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred.
- Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or
- Minimum 8 years of R&D, sales, marketing or other relevant
experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Minimum of four years in management-level positions with increasing
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including senior management
members, to accomplish shared goals.
- Deep understanding and experience in at least two of the following
- Pharmaceutical research
- Clinical drug development and approval
- Pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Licensing and business development
- Project management
- Professional certification in alliance management, project management,
corporate training, or another relevant discipline preferred.
- This position requires 20-35% travel, including international trips.
- This position requires the ability to drive to various meetings /
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company
match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health &
Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off
for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO
employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers
qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable
laws. For more information, visit
No Phone Calls or