More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
Takeda's internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
The internship program offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
Position Justification: The internship program is intended to:
- Provide career development for the hiring scientists by providing valuable management experience.
- Increase productivity for the managing scientists, enabling temporary support for BPC group.
- Increase the reputation of Takeda as an employer of choice for aspiring biochemists.
- Give back to the community by providing industry training for university students.
- Conduct routine biochemical laboratory tasks which include manual pipetting, plate-based assays, and buffer and sample preparation.
- Expression and purification of proteins for NMR and biochemical studies.
- Assist in the screening of chemical libraries and biophysical characterization of small and large molecule interactions with drug targets using NMR.
- Assist in the day to day operations required to maintain an industrial research laboratory
- Communicate with colleagues effectively
- Keep an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Maintain a safe and organized lab bench
- Demonstrate effective teamwork in collaboration with other members of the BPC group.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate-level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master s degree; for Bachelor s and Master s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong interest in biophysical chemistry research.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Completion of at least two years of college education prior to the internship is preferable.
- Successful completion of General Chemistry and General Biology (lecture and laboratory). A strong preference will be given to applicants who have completed Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry.
- Applicant must be familiar with dimensional analysis, preparing solutions, calculating standard dilutions, and comfortable / interested in learning Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)-based approaches in drug discovery.
- Basic understanding of drug-like properties and quantification of binding (Kd measurements).
- An excellent academic record in pursuit of a degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- May work on the computer for several hours at a time.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.