More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The Non-manufacturing Site Procurement Partner s primary focus is to act as the Procurement Business partner for a given location (site, sub-region or country or Takeda Business Unit). In doing so they are ultimately accountable for acting as the voice of procurement back to the business in their locality, and the voice of the business back into Procurement.
They will be responsible for ensuring that high-quality end end-user service delivery is achieved by understanding local needs and calling on the appropriate resources within Global Procurement to support this. They will be a critical on-site liaison to link Category teams, P&S teams and Regional Procurement teams initiatives and ensure successful implementations. In addition, they will be the first point of call for local operational issues for non-manufacturing categories of spend.
As the Primary Business Partner for non-manufacturing spend, they will be responsible for local requirements gathering to support global, regional and market initiatives and for supporting the local implementation of above site initiatives at the site(s) that they are responsible for.
This will require both a strong understanding of Takeda s activities in their location, as well as deep knowledge of the Category Management Framework., and strong planning and prioritization skills so that all appropriate parties to a decision or action are involved.,
They will require business level fluency in their region s primary operating language as well as the primary business language of the site(s) that they are responsible for. Business level fluency in English would be beneficial.
- Provide role as primary Procurement Business Partner for the site(s) under their responsibility. This includes:
Gathering requirements for global strategies and plans, and providing support for local implementation of global and regional initiatives as requested e.g. providing market research, supply market analysis or supplier discovery in their sub-region Responsible for driving procurement penetration and compliance across indirect spend for the site(s) that they are responsible for and ensuring this spend is channeled through the appropriate processes. This will include agreeing targets with Procurement Leads and performing to those targets.Support implementation of new processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement Leads and in alignment with global Process and System team. Once implemented help identify and support continuous improvement activities to drive additional value within the site(s) under their responsibility in line with the Category teams and Procurement Lead s guidanceResponsible for ensuring that Procurement targets at site are aligned to the Region and Category team planning. They will be responsible for providing spend and / or performance data (e.g. savings, quality data, spend data, BSC) to support the creation and monitoring of progress against these targets as requested by Procurement Lead or other Regional / Global team leadsPerform continuous professional development activities relevant to their area and ensure training in processes and systems relevant to their positionProvide first line support to end-users for operational issues, customer service issues or other issue areas that directly relate to the sites that they are responsible forThere may be a requirement to perform ad-hoc operational buying activities (e.g. spot buys) within the site(s) under their responsibility for indirect spend with low level thresholds that are not covered by the Operational Buying team.Qualifications
- Translate requirements of business requestor to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant
- Work in cooperation with Project Management Lead and procurement Lead to ensure the correct balance of resources are utilized to deliver projects
- Monitor progress of request and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree level educated, or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree required.
- Business level fluency in primary language in site(s) under their responsibility
- 5+ years Procurement experience with experience in supporting cost reduction projects, value improvement programs, basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated understanding of how to translate business requirements into Procurement operations and specifications with best value and customer service in mind. Strong local stakeholder skills required due to the business partnering role performed. Demonstrated capability in upwards management
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in Category Management principles and frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of some / all of the major indirect spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals
- Proficient in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
- Proficiency in basic MS Office software and other business systems (Ariba, Emptoris Mpower, SAP etc.)
- Post graduate business related qualification
- Documented international strategic sourcing or cost reduction experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- International strategic sourcing experience
- Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to pay tools such as Ariba, Emptoris, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred
- Competence or fluency in other regional languages, English and / or Japanese strongly encouraged
- Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) up to 30% for meetings at Takeda and supplier sites.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.