More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The Global Category Manager (GCM) plans and leads category initiatives for a clearly defined sub-category or a group of elementary sub-categories with a total spend value of less than USD200m and develops and implements sub-category strategies for these market facing spend categories as part of the wider Category Strategy. The GCM is accountable for a proportion of the overall category savings target and leads proactive category projects, spanning sourcing projects, demand management and process re-engineering, as well as managing sub-category specific supplier performance and innovation activities to support the delivery of the global procurement targets.
The position is responsible for providing financial and business analysis (e.g. Data mining of Procurement and Financial Systems, output analysis and interpretation), supporting global market intelligence in the category area and acting as the focal point for category subject matter expertise to the global business and procurement community.
The position will support Global Procurement Leadership in the development of formalized Category Management organization structures and category management methods and collaborates with procurement and business stakeholders on a global basis to ensure these are implemented effectively. In addition, the GCM will ensure appropriate Supplier Relationship Management efforts are implemented; the objective of which is to ensure performance delivery, continuous improvement and access to innovation from supplier arrangements to achieve value contribution targets on a global basis.
Through the application of rigorous Category Management tools, systems and techniques, the GCM will deliver business value (operational and financial) in line with the agreed functional and business goals. In addition they will take personal ownership of large and/or complex arrangements and provide subject matter expertise for other supply and commercial arrangements as required.
- Collate supplier, market, category and internal business data and information for the sub-category, and provide sub-category input and validation to the global Category Strategy, including facilitating involvement of relevant stakeholders. Using this as a basis, develop sub-category specific category strategies and communicate and distribute to relevant stakeholders in the procurement and business community. Strategies developed will be scalable and aligned appropriately across Takeda Operating Companies and functions.
- Provide sub-category input to inform the top-down target setting process and take responsibility for the delivery of sub-category savings targets following engagement in the target setting process.
- Develop a pipeline of sub-category initiatives and opportunities (Savings / Productivity / Risk Management / Innovation) required to meet targets using external supply market / business intelligence, application of benchmarking methodologies and internal business partner knowledge. This process may include management and coordination of specialist suppliers on market intelligence data.
- Provide input into the development of the Annual Category Plan based on the sub-category strategy, business planning activities and sub-category pipeline and ensure these are staffed and executed in a timely basis in line with targeted goals. This will involve providing oversight, support and coaching to any allocated project managers in the deployment of projects.
- Provide sub-category input into the development of the Category Management Handbook to translate the Category Strategy and Annual Category Plan into clear, practical guidance for key procurement and functional colleagues and ensure that category associates involved in operational buying activities have access to the Category Management Handbook.
- Liaise with the regional procurement hubs and the business to ensure the generation of monthly metrics reports:
Work with the required functions or other areas within Procurement (e.g. Process & Systems) to support programs to deliver spend accuracy in the covered sub-category area in line with agreed goals.Ensure a robust approach to Supplier Performance and Innovation (SP&I), supported by members of the SP&I team:
- Delivery of and accurate reporting of Procurement Balanced Scorecard measures and Value Contribution targets (operational metrics, savings, quality etc) achieved from implemented sourcing strategies
- Contract volumes and associated statistics by sub-category, geography and function, as appropriat
- Provide input into the overall category supplier segmentation to identify key supplier relationships within the sub-category, with whom regular business supported reviews will be undertaken to at a minimum ensure delivery to expectations and target value over and above the contracted value via areas such as Innovations.
- Establish value creation targets with key suppliers within the sub-category
- Determine and implement consistent Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) graded by level of segmentation and associated supplier performance review schedules
- Oversee reporting of supplier performance against goals
- Collate supplier information and feedback from countries, functions, sites, category teams and Business Partners
- Ensure sub-category contractual arrangements incorporate compliance and performance against KPIs
- Ensure negotiated contracts are clearly communicated and applied across the sub-category
- Ensure that any supplier performance risks and issues are resolved on a timely basis to end user satisfaction
- As well as within Procurement, develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders relating to sub-category accountabilities, Takeda s Procurement Groups and General / Administrative functions such as Finance, IS, HR, Legal, Privacy and Compliance to ensure appropriate inputs to sourcing strategies and implementation plans
- Support the global development and standardization of core category management infrastructure (Processes / Systems / Tools) and encourage adoption in the sub-category to improve procurement efficiency, performance and complianc
- Train and coach procurement staff (and project related resources as appropriate)
- Conduct the individual performance management process for all direct functional reports and contribute feedback to any project related resources
- Utilise the category specific escalation process to ensure that internal issues related to the category performance are addressed and resolved in a timely manne
- Follow the defined process to ensure contracts developed in the sub-category are effectively implemented at a global, regional and local level (as needed) including both terms and conditions and sign off procedures
- Ensure annual operating activities are undertaken within the allocated budget and provide timely reporting to the Global Category Lead as required
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree level educated
- 5+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with a solid working knowledge of category management
- 5+ years overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry
- Capable of managing cross functional project teams to generate material value across multiple categories
- Direct experience in managing category management projects and development of sourcing strategies
- Proven Financial and Business Acumen (e.g. TCO, TEI, NPV & Cost Modeling)
- Outstanding communication and project management capabilities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering business process change
- Strategic thinker with solid facilitation ability supported by excellent interpersonal competencies (communication, leadership, influencing)
- Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- Ability to manage effectively in a global, fluid, interactive, matrix environment
- Skilled and experienced in project and risk management
- Knowledgeable in offshore operating environments e.g. Captive, Build Operate Transfer, Managed Service, Functional & Full Service concepts
- Expert proficiency in basic MS Office software and other business systems (Ariba, Emptoris Mpower, SAP etc.)
- Post graduate business related qualification such as an MBA
- Analytical experience in positions of increasing analytical complexity, autonomy and responsibility. Demonstrated ability in organizing, analyzing and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
- International strategic sourcing / category management experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry or Management Consulting experience
- Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS), Project Management, or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
- Experience with enterprise systems and procurement tools such as Ariba, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 50% (air and ground both domestic and internationality)for various meetings at Takeda and Supplier sites.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.