Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that
will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of
your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Global Pharmacovigilance Systems in our Cambridge,MA office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than
31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an
unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity,
Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of
research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health
and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in
our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring,
bold mission. As a Head of Pharmacovigilance Systems working
on the Medical & Development Systems team, you will be empowered to manage global teams to formulate strategic plans, and a typical day will
- The Head, Global Pharmacovigilance Systems partners with Global Pharmacovigilance business leadership to insure technology solutions support strategic business objectives by:
- Developing systems roadmaps driven by and aligned with the overall strategy of the business function. Working with IT leadership to integrate Global Pharmacovigilance systems roadmaps into global IT systems plans for Takeda.
- Understanding how IT operational and project delivery supports the achievement of business goals and ensuring the alignment between Global Pharmacovigilance goals and systems roadmaps/plans.
- Leading the project portfolio prioritization process for Global Pharmacovigilance systems investments and initiatives.
- Providing IT management oversight/ownership for large, complex, cross functional global IT projects supporting Global Pharmacovigilance.
- Providing Leadership, professional development, coaching and performance management for a team of IT professionals located in the US and Japan.
- Developing and managing overall departmental operational and project budgets for Global Pharmacovigilance Systems function.
- Managing the service delivery of key solution and outsourced support vendors supporting Global Pharmacovigilance systems.
- Leveraging a strong understanding of current & future business requirements and industry trends to define IT plans supporting future business needs of Global Pharmacovigilance.
The Head, Global Pharmacovigilance Systems Reports to Global Head, Global Medical & Development Systems.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree or High School degree with 14 years of equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Previous IT related experience
- Good oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data and make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent skills in building multi-cultural relationships via strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work independently but seek management support and guidance as needed.
- Strong learning agility competency.
- Experience supporting global business functions, supporting large, complex and/or global applications and implementing global and/or large applications strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management, employee development and performance management strongly desired.
- Experience with formal SDLC methodologies and system validation processes strongly desired.
- Previous experience with application outsourcing and/or vendor management strongly desired.
- Working understanding of Pharmaceutical Development processes and desired.
- Access to transportation to attend meetings
- Ability to fly to meetings regionally and globally
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu
shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to
purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of
minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified
applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more
information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.