More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The Head, Global Pharmacovigilance Systems partners with Global Pharmacovigilance business leadership to insure technology solutions support strategic business objectives by:
- Developing systems roadmaps driven by and aligned with the overall strategy of the business function. Working with IT leadership to integrate Global Pharmacovigilance systems roadmaps into global IT systems plans for Takeda.
- Understanding how IT operational and project delivery supports the achievement of business goals and ensuring the alignment between Global Pharmacovigilance goals and systems roadmaps/plans.
- Leading the project portfolio prioritization process for Global Pharmacovigilance systems investments and initiatives.
- Providing IT management oversight/ownership for large, complex, cross functional global IT projects supporting Global Pharmacovigilance.
- Providing Leadership, professional development, coaching and performance management for a team of IT professionals located in the US and Japan.
- Developing and managing overall departmental operational and project budgets for Global Pharmacovigilance Systems function.
- Managing the service delivery of key solution and outsourced support vendors supporting Global Pharmacovigilance systems.
- Leveraging a strong understanding of current & future business requirements and industry trends to define IT plans supporting future business needs of Global Pharmacovigilance.
The Head, Global Pharmacovigilance Systems Reports to Global Head, Global Medical & Development Systems.Qualifications
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree or High School degree with 14 years of equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Previous IT related experience
- Good oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data and make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent skills in building multi-cultural relationships via strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work independently but seek management support and guidance as needed.
- Strong learning agility competency.
- Experience supporting global business functions, supporting large, complex and/or global applications and implementing global and/or large applications strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management, employee development and performance management strongly desired.
- Experience with formal SDLC methodologies and system validation processes strongly desired.
- Previous experience with application outsourcing and/or vendor management strongly desired.
- Working understanding of Pharmaceutical Development processes and desired.
- Access to transportation to attend meetings
- Ability to fly to meetings regionally and globally
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.