EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business strongly preferred
- Substantial experience (9+ years) leading complex pharmaceutical project deliverables in a multi-disciplinary, global environment.
- Experience managing a vendor management office for a pharmaceutical/medical company; including contract negotiation, vendor performance management, preparing and evaluating RFPs, relationship management, and a strong understanding of project management methodologies.
- 6+ years in-depth strategic and operational vendor oversight experience with a solid working knowledge of vendor management/supplier relationship management
- Strong understanding of GPV responsibilities, project management skills and supplier management.
- Global experience preferred.
- Proven leadership experience in managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving ability.
- Proven leadership skills for innovative thinking.
- Substantial experience in intercultural cooperation.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/prepare presentations for management
Knowledge and Skills
- Proactive ability to predict issues and solve problems by independent resolution.
- Ability to articulate and establish processes that have impact cross-functionally, cross-divisionally and cross-geographically.
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure.
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions.
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, TelePresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.).
- Ability to inspire and motivate an interfacing and cross-geographical team.
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural environment.
- Highly effective communications skills written and verbal.
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A solid business background as well as excellent commercial understanding is essential.
- Effective negotiation and positive influencing abilities.
- Microsoft Project Professional, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI a plus
- Access to transportation to attend various meetings held in proximity to the Takeda offices.
- Able to fly to various meetings.
- Some international travel may be required.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.