More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
DEPARTMENT FUNCTIONS / OBJECTIVES:
The Specialty Training, Development and Operations Department designs, develops and delivers training curriculum, courses and coaching for the Takeda Pharmaceutical Specialty Field Team to include sales, account managers, reimbursement specialists and managers, applying pharmaceutical industry and adult learning best practices. In addition to providing programs that relate to all of Takeda pharmaceutical products, the department:
- Ensures that all promotional activities observed or taught are in accordance with Takeda Operational Guidelines and Code of Conduct.
- Builds the foundation of Takeda culture in new hires and instills it in existing employees.
- Provides up-to-date training by responding to marketplace conditions.
- Increases and improves the quality and performance of our field team, which will result in an increase in market share for the company.
The Group Lead, Specialty Training will work in the newly formed Specialty Business Unit, which has the potential to drive blockbuster growth in the near term and be responsible for the objectives below:
- People Management: Manages a rotating team of Sales Trainers (in-house and remote): monitors performance, provides regular coaching/counseling and ensures trainers have the appropriate training tools and information to conduct their jobs effectively. Responsible for creating a learning environment that foster Sales Trainer development and promotional advancement.
- Training Lead: Lead Trainer for the Key Account Managers and Field Reimbursement Team - Develops and conducts training for new and existing Key Account Managers and Field Reimbursement Managers focused on five core competencies: selling skills, marketplace knowledge, clinical knowledge, account management, and application of the business tools to drive sales success. This person will work closely with the Account Manager Trainer and delegate where possible. This will involve close collaboration with Senior Leadership to define key account manager and field reimbursement competencies and then develop training strategies and solutions to develop those competencies. Serve as back-up for team members as needed and direct manager when requested.
- Curriculum Management: Set priorities for the overall field new hire curriculum to include clinical sales specialists, key account managers and field reimbursement. They will oversee the execution of the home study and classroom content. Responsible for ensuring content is accurate, current and aligned to business needs. Ensure key milestones are achieved that are critical to the success of the specialty new hire curriculum.
- Product and Market Knowledge: Remain current and ahead of the curve with research, clinical, and publication activity to contribute insights and perspectives to the broader team and training plan
- Recruits, manages and develops the Field Effectiveness Trainers. Establishes a developmental path and continuing education opportunities to improve skills and create promotional readiness
- Looks to be a role of choice for sales reps looking for diverse experience and mentors them through a training rotation to get them ready for next position.
- Monitors individual and team performance, provides feedback/coaching on strengths and improvement areas.
- Administers Performance Management process for direct reports. This includes writing performance evaluations, developing an appropriate action plan, assigning ratings, and delivering the information to the employee.
Training Lead: Key Account Managers, Field Reimbursement and Other as needed
- Lead trainer for key account management and field reimbursement training curriculum.
- Leads all projects that support the design, development and implementation of curricula for the on-going development of the Key Account Managers and Field Reimbursement Managers.
- Work closely with the Account Manager Training Lead to delegate and accomplish tasks.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for our Hub provider (s), to share training curriculum and build new curriculum based on their input.
- Ensures successful development and delivery of all aspects of field effectiveness curricula.
- Provides specific feedback and coaching to new hire trainees and experienced representatives and managers within the training environment.
- Administers exams and communicates scores to trainees, and specialty leadership.
- Reviews and approves new hire trainee evaluations. Ensures field effectiveness trainers are able to effectively communicate observations and feedback directly to trainee. Communicates with training management team and specialty management team as appropriate.
- Leverages previous experience to participate in the development of training materials on clinical/product information and selling, specialty market distribution and reimbursement (buy/bill, specialty pharmacy, site of care), account management (hospital, infusion center, managed care accounts) in the biologic/infused marketplace, and application of business tools, in conjunction with other members of the training department and the commercial organization.
- Oversees Medical, Regulatory, and Legal (MRL) process related to New Hire Training Materials to ensure delivery of high quality content delivered in a timely fashion.
- Monitors and measures effectiveness of all phases of training curricula and then synthesizes facts and data to make appropriate modifications. Regularly conducts needs analysis with field leadership and training liaison s to understand skill gaps so as to make relevant training recommendations based upon local needs.
- Works directly with a Project Manager to ensure that training materials are delivered in timely manner.
- Exhibits strong project management, detail orientation, communication and leadership skills, ensuring that projects meet their learning goals, as well as finish on time and on budget
- Creates Train the Trainer Sessions to ensure Field Effectiveness Trainers are prepared to master training content and delivery.
Product and Market Knowledge
- Is Subject Matter Expect on topics related to the KAM and FRM role: training, business acumen and evolving landscape
- Conducts field visits with the specialty field based employees to assess needs and build personal awareness to market dynamics.
- Maintains a high level of market intelligence, including new product training methods and competitive intelligence, training programs and best practices.
- Participates in marketing meetings, self-study, and field travel with the Specialty Field Team to increase and maintain product knowledge along with market place awareness across all product areas.
- Communicates (oral and written) within the department and with Marketing, Regulatory, Specialty Leadership and Specialty Field Sales Force.
- Attends industry meetings to stay current and up to date on new market trends and competitive activity
- Complies with all Takeda Operational Guidelines and Code of Conduct and ensures that all activities, observed or taught, are also in accordance with these guidelines.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree
- 8+ years in the pharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years of sales training or like experience (Marketing, sales, etc)
- 2+ years of facilitated sales or leadership training courses
- 1-2 years pharmaceutical sales or sales management experience or equivalent
- Strong clinical, selling skills and biologic marketplace knowledge
- Specialty marketplace distribution and reimbursement expertise (buy/bill, specialty pharmacy, site of care)
- Clear communication skills: verbal and written
- Project Management Skills prioritization, workflow process, communication
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- Education in Science, Biology, Marketing or Business Administration
- Minimum one year account management or field reimbursement experience (hospital, infusion center, or managed care accounts) in the biologic or infused marketplace, strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 25% travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.