More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Perform immunological, virological, and molecular biology techniques in accordance with appropriate quality standards.
- Prepare and handle samples, data, and equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
- Assemble and interpret own data for presentations.
- Review literature and apply findings to interpret and improve data management and experimental design.
- Participate and/or present in meetings and conferences.
- Comply with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Takeda s Core Competencies.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and a minimum 2 years laboratory experience, or MS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 0-2 years laboratory experience.
- Possess working knowledge in virology, molecular biology, and/or immunology.
- Ability to work independently with medium supervision as well as collaboratively in team projects.
- Experience working in a GLP environment is preferred
- Experience working in a BSL-2 environment is preferred
- Ability to optimize and implement scientific methods as they pertain to research goals.
- Be well organized and detail oriented, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements in a BSL-2 environment.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical laboratory standing, bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Willingness to travel to internal and external training, project and collaborator meetings, including overnight trips (expected to be infrequent).
- Requires approximately 5% travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.