Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across 70+ countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people s lives including your own.
The incumbent will join a growing team of scientists and research associates engaged in discovery and translational research of several viral vaccines. Working in a fast-paced environment, he/she will develop methods for quantitation and characterization of viral vaccines and immune responses, including participation in project planning, execution, data analysis and interpretation. Communication skills are essential to working in a team setting, and to communicate results of the studies to supervisor and team and at group meetings. This position requires the ability to analyze and troubleshoot experiments, optimize assays and implement solutions. Experience in a GLP or similar environment is highly desirable, along
with experience handling live viruses.
- Develop and conduct assay methods for quantitation and characterization independently and in collaboration with others project team members.
- Perform basic immunological, virological, and molecular biology techniques.
- Make routine decisions for successful execution of assigned projects and propose project improvements and recommendations to the team.
- Become familiar with scientific literature related to assigned projects, and apply findings to interpret and improve experimental design and results
- Prepare and handle samples, data, and equipment according to standard operating procedures and document results in laboratory notebooks and reports according to principles of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Assemble and interpret own data for reports and presentations within the team and company, using sound scientific principles.
- Lead and/or assist other team members in specific projects/duties.
- Comply with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Takeda s Core Competencies.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in biological sciences with a minimum of 4 years revelant experience, or a MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of virology, molecular biology, and immunology.
- Ablility to work independently with moderate supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience working in a BSL-2 environment.
- Experience working in a GLP environment, ideally in a corporate setting is preferred.
- Ability to optimize and implement scientific methods as they pertain to research goals.
- Experience preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions.
- Be well organized and detail oriented, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and computer analysis skills.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements in a BSL-2 environment.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical laboratory standing, bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
- Willingness to travel to internal and external training, project and collaborator meetings, including overnight trips (expected to be infrequent).
- Requires approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.