More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The Sales Training Department designs, builds and delivers in house and remote sales training curriculum for the Takeda sales force that promotes sales and brand strategies and enhances overall sales force effectiveness.
- Training Strategy: Develop an over arching training approach that aligns with Sales and Brand strategy in an effort to drive sales force effectiveness.
- Curriculum Management: Directs and oversees the development of curricula that builds representative knowledge in the following areas: product, clinical, marketplace and managed markets knowledge, selling and business skills while ensuring alignment with Sales and Brand strategy.
- People Management: Manages a team of Sales Trainers: monitors performance, provides regular coaching/counseling and ensures trainers have the appropriate training tools and information to conduct their jobs effectively. Responsible for creating a learning environment that foster Sales Trainer development and promotional advancement.
Leadership / Training Strategy
- Responsible for all aspects of initial and ongoing sales training consisting of: product, clinical, managed markets and marketplace knowledge, selling and business skills.
- Serves as the primary contact for Brand Marketing teams and is a member of the Commerical Product Team. Leads training decisions to support the overall brand strategy.
- Works with Marketing and Sales leadership to identify specific training needs. Consistently displays exceptional analytical and strategic skills to evaluate current strategic and tactical direction and provides viable solutions for identified gaps. Responsible for creating effective communication documents that convey strategy and tactical plans.
- Responsible for all training program rollouts and implementation. Collaborates with sales training counterparts and field management to develop an effective launch plan. Manages complex project plans and ensures that all key milestones are met.
- In conjunction with Learning Solutions, conducts RFPs for 3rd party training resources. Responsible to manage vendor relationship and ensures that final deliverables are met.
- Proactively achieves cross-functional alignment and strategic focus with other training managers and functional leaders. Actively identifies ways of improving communication with key stakeholders and streamlining business process to drive operational efficiencies.
- Responsible to prioritize training initiatives with available resources to support business demands while balancing the desired Takeda culture.
Learning Management / Sales Force Effectiveness
- Develops an assessment strategy to evaluate field reactions to key programs to ensure the timely adjustment of strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Reviews all training materials to ensure they reflect the latest market trends & conditions. Proactively identifies potential issues affecting the marketing of the Takeda Product Portfolio and/or issues affecting the general pharmaceutical industry. Communicate issues and solutions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Stays current with advances in learning technology to determine ways of improving training efficacy and delivery costs.
- Complies with all Takeda Operational Guidelines and Code of Conduct and ensures that all activities, observed or taught, are also in accordance with these guidelines.
- Recruits, manages and develops their sales training team. Establishes a developmental path and continuing education opportunities to improve skills and create promotional readiness
- Monitors individual and team performance, provides feedback/coaching on strengths and improvement areas.
- Administers Performance Management process for direct reports. This includes writing performance evaluations, developing an appropriate action plan, assigning ratings, and delivering the information to the employee.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree
- Six (6) years in the pharmaceutical industry
- One (1) year pharmaceutical sales management experience
- Master s/MBA
- Three (3) years pharmaceutical sale management experience
- Product management
- Experience in Sales Training
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 25 % travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.