More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The Sales Training team supports the development and execution of:
- Selling skills and product training curriculum for the TPUSA s sales team to include Initial Sales Training, POA and product launch training in alignment with Sales and Marketing
- Continuing education for TPUSA representatives to include representative training roadmaps
- Strategies, responsibilities and training of Field Sales Leads and the creation and execution of remote training through Area Trainers.
- On-boarding of ST&D personnel and Sales Trainer/STM development
This position leads Sales Training Managers and Sales Trainers to ensure a training approach that is aligned with ST&D and TPUSA sales strategy. The Director has the primary responsibility of collaborating with marketing and Sales leadership to maintain and develop new product training programs and strategies.
- Create comprehensive strategic Sales Training, Continuing Education and Area Training plans to support the short and long term objectives of the sales organization.
- Work in alignment with marketing and sales leadership to ensure integration of current strategy, materials and messaging into all training.
- Oversee the development and execution of IST, POA, launch, Area training, and all other product or selling skills training initiatives.
- Oversee all aspects of selling skills and product training offerings and works with Sales Training Effectiveness & Operations to regularly analyze, assess and monitor training effectiveness to ensure that appropriate revisions to or enhancements of programs are being implemented.
- Approves the sales training curriculum and assesses the programs to ensure they are meeting Takeda s strategic business goals.
- Oversees regular reviews of all training materials to ensure they reflect latest market trends & conditions. Consults with the MRL team when appropriate.
- Approves sales trainee evaluation process, and supports Sales Training Effectiveness & Operations Assessment Strategy and HR guidelines, including the validation of training assessment tests and certification exams.
- Approves and submits initial sales training calendar.
- Oversee the design, develop and execution of competency-based learning plans and curriculum maps for representative development immediately after completion of Initial Training through all levels to Territory Manager.
- Oversees the analysis, strategy, design, deployment na don-going assessmsnt of Area Training
- Oversees the development of Field Sales Leads (FSL) strategy, responsibilities and training to support current and ongoing initiatives to include post IST activities, POA and launch pull-through.
- Reviews management/trainer recommendations of poor and marginal performers in IST and collaborates with the Sr. Director to determine ultimate course of action.
- Ensures appropriate and timely communications to field management as it pertains to Sales Training initiatives, in coordination with Sales Operations and the ST&D Communications team.
- Oversees the deployment of the ST&D department on-boarding process
- Oversee the creation and execution of a Sales Trainers and STM s development plan to enhance current skills and feed a high caliber pool of District and Regional Manager candidates.
- Reviews management/trainer recommendations of poor and marginal performers in IST and collaborates with HR to determine ultimate course of action.
- Conducts final interviews for selection approval of new hires for product team.
- Develops, manages and monitors the group s expense budget and submits to Sr. Director of ST&D.
- Negotiates contracts and recommends final vendor selection for sales training programs and activities to Sr. Director for final approval.
- Works in close alignment with Sales Training Effectiveness & Operations and Leadership Development to foster alignment of needs assessment, as well as optimized design, development, and evaluation of deliverables.
- Complies with all TPUSA operational guidelines and Code of Conduct and ensures that all activities, observed or taught, are also in accordance with these guidelines.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree
- 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales or pharmaceutical marketing
- 6 years of Pharmaceutical Commercial Management experience.
- Previous Sales Training Management experience
- Advanced degree
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 15 % travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.