More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- This position is responsible for the administration of procurement activities and day to day supplier management for assigned commodities and products.
- This position is responsible to make, manage and execute buying decisions in order to ensure uninterrupted product flow. To coordinate product availability information externally and internally to ensure that all deliverable dates are met in order to reach facility service-level goals.
- The incumbent will also maintain communications internally and externally to surface and resolve issues, which can impact operating efficiencies.
- Make buying decisions from various suppliers.
- Analyze and manage appropriate reports such as blanket P.O. reports, supplier performance reports, MRP exception reports and open P.O. reports to ensure on-time material availability and proper inventory levels.
- Investigate and review all material quality complaints and problems, both internal and external, and forward correspondence to appropriate personnel.
- Analyze excess and obsolete material and initiate disposition via various channels, both internal and external.
- Initiate projects that eliminate non-value added activities, increase quality and service, and reduce costs. Closely monitor commodity market trends and take advantage of cost reduction, quality improvement and service improvement opportunities, communicating this information in a matrix organization.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of suppliers, industries, technologies and manufacturing processes and purchasing strategies for assigned commodities.
- Analyze quotations to ensure that proposals meet with government regulations and accepted trade practices. Strong negotiation skills are required to communicate requirements to potential suppliers and to establish a win-win relationship for all involved.
- Demonstrate knowledge of purchasing and associated materials management systems. Develop skills and obtain knowledge in project management, purchasing related materials management systems, negotiation, and contract terms and conditions.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or closely related field and 3+ years Procurement experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry required.
- Solid knowledge and experience in purchasing principles. Purchasing certificates preferred.
- Preparing & implementing policies, systems & procedures.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with multi-project and multi-product manufacturing industry.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and team building skills.
- General knowledge of GAAP/SOX and an understanding of internal accounting controls.
- Self-starter, team player, effective leader and able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. ERP system knowledge - SAP preferred.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around the cGMP manufacturing facility.
- May occasionally work in a clean room environment and wear special garments and personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- Some travel may be required less than 20%
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.