More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The specialty sales force is responsible for presenting Takeda s immunology product and optimizing the business opportunities in targeted physician offices, key clinics and hospital accounts that specialize in the area of Inflammatory Bowel Disorders. The Clinical Sales Specialist will be required to demonstrate an excellence in developing and applying business processes that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives. Coordination and integration with Specialty Account Managers on strategies, along with implementing pull through strategies with key managed care accounts, to effectively drive acceptance of promoted product(s) within a designated business area and geography.
- Attains sales goals and objectives by delivering speciality product volume and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) prescriber growth, as well as other key metrics in the assigned Territory. Utilize discretion and judgment to execute the franchise and company brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may include physicians within specialty medical practices and their staff, specialists within local hospitals, clinics, IBD Centers, Infusion Therapy sites, and support staff as well as pharmacists within a specific geographic area.
- Establish professional working relationships with Health Care Providers (GE, MLP, IM, Nurse), decision makers, support staff, and influencers within assigned customers, to support the use of the company's products in the treatment of IBD - through developing and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills.
- Develop and deliver a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, utilizing approved marketing materials and medical reprints to support the patients, and discuss therapeutic strategies to inform and influence decision makers.
- Executes marketing strategies at the local level, leveraging resources appropriately and working successfully with company team members and counterparts to share ideas and information to enhance business results. Specialty Sales Representative is accountable to build customer engagement by identifying and cultivating relationships with key decision makers at the local level who can influence decision making within the healthcare provider systems and specialty medical practices.
- Presents complex clinical and business information on Takeda's immunology products and services to an audience of office and institutional based Gastroenterologists health care professionals, professional and patient groups, and others involved in the decision making process.
- Develop and implement medical education opportunities and sponsor programs to expand the knowledge of healthcare professionals. Frequently educate self on the latest information related to disease states, treatments and the changing business environment.
- Integrates with Specialty Account Manager partners to understand and communicate effectively to all prescribing targets and key influencers site of care product availability, treatment protocols/formularies, supply and distribution, reimbursement and coding status, as well as all payer (Insurers, PHS, Part D, Medicaid) dynamics/status. Develops business plans and strategies for execution and approach with small to medium sized accounts.
- Strategically manages all allocated resources provided including financial/budgets, managed markets, medical affairs, home office, etc.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree BA/BS
- 5 years direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device or healthcare industry
- Demonstrated business and strategic planning skills to identify unique selling opportunities and adaptability to changing market conditions
- Demonstrated understanding of managed care landscape and how it influences/impacts business
- Strong verbal, influencing, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and success working in teams
- Reside within or close proximity to assigned geography
- Experience with injectable/infused IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disorder) products
- Experience with managing and communicating complex reimbursement issues
- Biological product launch experience
- Experience in calling on Gastroenterologists
- Ability to drive and/or fly to meetings and client sites
- Some overnight travel required 25-50%, depending on geographic assignment
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.