More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Lead VBU US, Canadian and Latin America and Caribbean Markets interfaces with respective supranational organizations and institutions responsible for or that influence public and private vaccine recommendations and funding on national, regional and global levels. Align with or address key policy issues that may impact Takeda s vaccine development, current and future portfolio strategies,national vaccination programs, recommendations, funding and related matters.
- In these interactions, align with, represent and promote VBU and Takeda positions, interests, and monitor trends and issues of potential concern. Assess external scientific and healthcare environments, provide guidance, influence and help to form policies in support of VBU and Takeda objectives, externally and internally.
- Assist US and Latin American Regional Medical Affairs and respective VBU Local Operating Company (LOC) organizations in developing and delivering national vaccine policy interactions.
- Identify and provide key inputs to supranational and national advisory bodies to attain vaccine recommendations for VBU products as quickly as possible after registration.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including supranational organizations, funding agencies and governments on scientific, regulatory and vaccine policy issues to ensure alignment of Takeda VBU strategies with global, regional and national health agendas.
- Provide feedback on VBU positions and relevant current and future healthcare environment issues to MAP and GPT organizations, VBU management and functions, and more broadly to Takeda partner organisations (eg Pharma, LOCs), as appropriate.
- Interface and collaborate with all VBU functions, including in Japan, on scientific and policy issues within GPTs and in other venues, to develop and to act upon aligned Takeda strategies.
- Represent VBU in key external settings, as appropriate.
- Comply with internal Takeda, Regulatory, Complaince and Legal requirements with respect to external communications and other external interactions.
- Assist in developing LOC capacity to manage the vaccines business; assist in training staff on disease states, vaccine programs and policy and the role of VBU products.
- Collaborate with other VBU functions and Takeda Corporation to further develop Takeda vaccine products, to realize their full potential as a means to alleviate unmet medical needs.
- Acquire business-relevant information through knowledge of the scientific and policy landscape, informal and formal contacts with key external stakeholders, through consultative meetings and advisory boards.
- Build leadership role in key Industry Associations to ensure a more effective contribution and engagement on key matters affecting VBU (eg Bio, PhARMA, and IFPMA initiatives impacting VBU pipeline products)
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Professional and Industry Associations, scientific and policy relevant conferences eg GAVI, PAHO etc. to foster achievement of the objectives of the position.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree in a health sciences related field and relevant advanced qualification desirable (eg MPH, MA/MSc) with extensive US and International experience pertaining to working with Governmental and NGO organisations in business and policy matters, ideally in the field of vaccines, immunization and public health. MD preferred.
- A high level of understanding and experience of interacting with public health practice at an international or national level, especially as related to infectious diseases, vaccines or other public health prevention modalities.
- Extensive experience in vaccines or pharmaceuticals multinational companies in both US and global Markets.
- Strong proven collaborative skills in working with multicultural teams and teams representing diverse disciplines.
- Ability to comprehend and synthesize complex data with experience in the identification, analysis and implementation of programs and procedures required to achieve corporate objectives
- Ability to influence and work effectively at all levels of seniority with various partners, regions and cultures
- Proven track record of collaboration, teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation
- Excellent communicator with strong written and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience with and knowledge of the diseases of principal importance in the VBU pipeline viz dengue, Zika virus infection, norovirus gastroenteritis, polio, pandemic influenza.
- Fluency in Spanish, Portugese, Chinese, Japanese, or other relevant language in addition to English.
- Up to 50% domestic and international travel to attend meetings with external stakeholders and at Takeda office locations, regulatory agency sites, development partners or vendors.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.