Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and
support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at
Takeda. Join us as a Director / Senior Director Neurodegeneration Research, Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unitin our Cambridge office.
Leads a line/matrix team of GI motility disorder research scientists to deliver a differentiated motility disorder therapeutic portfolio from target ID through IND. To refine and build the motility disorder disease area strategy with an emphasis on neurodegeneration and neurogastroenterology, and leveraging external innovation, partnerships and licensing.
- A senior scientific research leader within the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (DDU), working within a highly matrixed & virtual environment to build a strong and sustainable preclinical and early clinical motility disorder pipeline
- Collaborates with other Takeda research teams and external partners to build a robust pipeline in motility disorders up to and including clinical POC, with a focus on external innovation
- Is the key partner with the CNS DDU, responsible for creating synergies between GI and CNS research teams in areas of common interest such as neurodegenerative/neurological disease.
- Partners with colleagues in Translational Research and Early Clinical (TREC) team define early development plans thru POC for all internal and external projects in the motility disorder portfolio
- Partners with the Center for External Innovation for the identification and assessment of external platform and pipeline opportunities in motility disorders
- Forms a strong partnership with clinical and commercial team colleagues for disease area strategic alignment and in assessment of clinical stage licensing opportunities.
- Accountable for formulation and delivery of mid-long term innovative strategies to build a sustainable and innovative motility disorder pipeline
- Is seen as an international subject matter expert and identified as a global Takeda thought leader in the field of motility disorder research and keeps up with the up-to-date scientific and regulatory advances and competitive environment.
- Represents Takeda and is responsible for creating a presence in the global GI and related scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, online research communities, etc.
- Ensures and encourages diversity and supports individual colleagues in their career development
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Has an advanced degree in health or life sciences (e.g., Ph.D., M.D., D.V.M.) with significant industry and managerial experience, or the equivalent from an academic setting
- Is highly knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of neuroscience, neurodegeneration or motility disorder drug discovery, through to POC.
- Shows cross-cultural understanding to utilize the diverse talents and has demonstrated ability to manage matrix teams to maximize the organizational productivity.
- Has strong leadership skills and acumen.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Has experience of working through virtual and/or matrix team models in basic research
- Capable of leading a matrixed team comprised of scientists from within Takeda as well as external collaborators.
- Has significant experience of participation in diligence activities in the preclinical discovery function
- Requires approximately 25% or more travel, including international travel monthly basis.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER
- 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs
including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation
and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO
employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers
qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable
laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or