Leads a part line, part internal/external matrix team of liver disease research scientists to deliver a differentiated liver disease project portfolio from target ID through IND. To refine and build the liver disease area strategy with an emphasis on external innovation and partnerships
- A scientific research leader within the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit, working within a highly matrixed & virtual environment to build a strong and sustainable preclinical and early clinical liver disease pipeline
- Collaborates with other Takeda research teams and external partners to build a robust pipeline in liver diseases up to and including clinical POC, with a focus on external innovation
- Partners with colleagues in Translational Research and Early Clinical (TREC) team define early development plans thru POC for all internal and external projects in liver disease
- Partners with the Center for External Innovation (CEI) for the identification and assessment of external platform and pipeline opportunities in liver disease
- Leads the DDU team in the identification of collaborations with key academic groups, CROs, biotech companies
- Forms a strong partnership with clinical and commercial team colleagues for disease area strategic alignment and in assessment of clinical stage licensing opportunities.
- Accountable for formulation and delivery of mid-long term innovative strategies to build a sustainable and innovative liver disease pipeline
- Provides input to the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit strategy as it relates to both GI and liver diseases
- Is seen as an international subject matter expert and identified as a global Takeda thought leader in the field of liver disease research and keeps up with the up-to-date scientific and regulatory advances and competitive environment.
- Represents Takeda and is responsible for creating a presence in the global GI and related scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, online research communities, etc.
- Ensures and encourages diversity and supports individual colleagues in their career development
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Requires approximately 25% or more travel, including international travel monthly basis.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.