More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- The Head, Vaccine Commercial Operations is a VBU Commercial leadership role at the Senior Director level and is responsible for building, acquiring and overseeing a portfolio of capabilities (processes, tools and services) that contribute to VBU s commercial business performance, competitiveness and operational excellence;
- This position will ensure identification, development, implementation, and execution of operational programs and strategic and budget planning to support commercial excellence while achieving business key deliverables with emphasis on supporting VBU sales and marketing teams, as well as fostering productive relationships in a cross-functional environment;
- This position will oversee the design and implementation of launch excellence in relation to vaccine portfolio and ensure close connection between global, regional and local team to optimize launch process and achieve excellence in launches across the globe;
- This position will lead development and execution of commercial training activities for vaccine business on global, regional and local levels working closely with internal and external stakeholders and adjusting the approaches to accommodate the growing portfolio of vaccines across the markets;
- Ensures high quality commercial analytics and insights, including performance reporting, and continually assesses the utilization of data and analytics for decision-making;
As the leader of a complex business organization, the incumbent is responsible for leading and coaching for success. As a manager of others, the Head, Commercial Operations is not only accountable for his/her own compliance but also for the compliance of all individuals in Commercial organization. As such, leads the way and leads by example by demonstrating full knowledge and commitment to all applicable policies. Monitors adherence to Takeda policies and guidelines and acts according to established procedures to ensure all issues are addressed and resolved as required.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree BS/BA
- Minimum of 10 years of management level experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device industries
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in operational areas connected to the responsibilities of this JD
- Experience in building and enhancing commercial operations capabilities
- Proven ability to address problems and opportunities in well organized and systematic ways.
- Proven track record of assessing operational gaps, need and opportunities and recommending, building, designing and developing appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Collaborative management style, responsive, flexible, assertive and personable.
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate with senior level relationships across the company, and outside
- Extensive experience working in a highly matrix and international environment
- Demonstrated ability to show the way with respect to business practices
- Strong communication skills Verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings, attend meetings on a local and national basis, and training.
- Travel about 25%
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.