The Psychiatry Sales Representative primary
objectives are as follows:
- Serve as the quarterback
representative to communicate clinical and scientific knowledge about our CNS
product(s) to Psychiatrists
- Cultivate and nurture
disease state/product advocates(KOL speakers) from within the Psychiatric community
to include teaching institutions
- Lead a coordinated effort GMBU representatives to enhance CNS product
promotion efforts within assigned territory
- Achieve sales goals
- Communicate to Psychiatrists high level
scientific reasoning supporting the understanding and treatment of depression and
the benefits tied to our CNS product(s)
- Engage customers in a way that reflects
understanding of their environment and provides insight relevant to their
market and practice
- Execute sales and product marketing
strategies with precision in order to achieve sales goals
- Develop, sustain and grow highly effective
working relationships with Psychiatrists, key medical institutions, medical and
- Cultivate and support KOL CNS speakers to be
used locally and nationally
- Conduct educational and promotional speaker
programs to assist with the Psychiatrists with greater Depression knowledge
- Forge compliant partnerships with Clinical Science
Liaisons to effectively engage psychiatric community
- Serve as a direct liaison to the CNS Marketing
team and GMBU Sales leadership by providing market place intelligence/insights
that will influence sales and promotional strategy/resources
- Serve as Takeda s field sales liaison to
Lundbeck s CNS sales representatives in an effort to foster greater
coordination around our shared promotional effort
- Within assigned territory, lead educational
and promotional coordination efforts across Takeda s GMBU representatives who
promote CNS product(s)
- Comply with the company Compliance
Guidelines, Code of Conduct and Promotional Practices.
- Adhere to Takeda s Compliance Policies and
- Communicate respectfully to
internal and external customers
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years pharmaceutical industry or relevant experience
- Previous Specialty and/or CNS experience
- Institutional/account selling experience
- Scientific background
Knowledge and Skills:
- Industry Knowledge understands the
pharmaceutical industry and the prescription drug distribution process at the
- Product Knowledge complete understanding of
the medical/therapeutic usage of the products.
- Sales Techniques . Displays a broad understanding of the
strategic objectives of the pharmaceutical sales marketplace; understands
various effective sales techniques.
- Advanced clinical and market place knowledge
- Business Acumen understanding business
principles and practices relevant to the hospital marketplace, and applying
them in order to more effectively drive the business
- Organization - Ability to maintain accurate and
detailed records of appointments, sales calls, follow-up calls, samples, key
account contacts, etc.
- Time Management Ability to set priorities and
workflow to accomplish day to day tasks in a timely manner.
- Leadership skills ability to influence the
actions of those not without a direct reporting relationship.
- Strategic implementation ability to understand
and implement the hospital account strategies
- Problem solving/analytical skills ability to
analyze a wide variety of data including sales and market data to make business
- Resource management ability to manage and
allocate internal and external resources
- Relationship building skills ability to develop
and maintain strategic relationships with key thought leaders and build trust
with others in order to increase Takeda s competitive advantage
- Team leadership leading a team toward
achievement of focused business results; bringing individual contributors
together from highly diverse functional areas, and orchestrating their efforts
without formal line authority.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas,
data both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner
including strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Teaching institutions and Hospitals
concentration on Cardiology, Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, General
Practices and Family Practices
- Community based physicians Cardiologists and
- Coordination with Primary Care representatives
on thought leader development, speaker programs, speaking events, and formulary
- Valid driver s license required.
to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites.
overnight travel may be required.
to attend sales meetings at off-site locations.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.