More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The purpose of the Field Reimbursement Specialist (FRS) role is to navigate through reimbursement barriers for patients and providers, and therefore, optimize access to Takeda specialty products for the appropriate patients.
The FRS will provide proactive field based reimbursement education to key accounts including, but not limited to, infusion clinics, PGP practices, academic institutions, hospitals and specialty pharmacies as appropriate based on Takeda s expanding portfolio needs. They will also identify and resolve reimbursement issues.
FRS will play a significant role in strategy development and execution in preparation or response to marketplace changes.
FRS will also provide education and guidance to the Specialty field staff in understanding and addressing reimbursement and access challenges.
- Develop relationships with patient access stakeholders including office management, institution administrators, billing and coding staff, nurses, and other individuals to deliver information that facilitates patient access to and appropriate reimbursement of Takeda products
- Navigate specialty product access and reimbursement landscape at a Regional, Customer and Patient level to optimize access appropriately for Takeda specialty products.
- Reaction based activities would include case-specific issues at an account and patient level, Regional changes in access requirements and processes and education of account changes to the Specialty Sales force and Managed Markets teams
- Develop and execute local market based initiatives that will educate access stakeholders within key accounts on the value and process of Takeda s reimbursement, support and education services
- Be responsible for understanding and upholding Takeda Legal and Compliance guidance at a customer and field leadership level in terms of access, cost and reimbursement related issues.
- Reactively and appropriately respond to patient case issues at the account level and support the use of HUB services to resolve current and future problems.
- Be able to build professional relationships while navigating sensitive conversations related to access, cost and reimbursement in a manner that supports the vision of Takeda s partnership and commitment to the specialty community.
- Partner with Managed Markets and Sales to lead local level access strategies. Develop plans for communicating payer criteria, PA terms and updates from RAM/NAM teams to accounts, Sales and the HUB. Additionally, inform the strategy by communicating payer intelligence gained from accounts with key stakeholders (RAM/NAM, Sales, HUB).
- Lead account training with key stakeholders on the use of Takeda s reimbursement and support services, including but not limited to HUB services.
- Proactively educate specialty sales team on key reimbursement updates as well as provide guidance on how to appropriately address account reimbursement concerns.
- Develop in-service training plans for specialty sales in collaboration with sales training.
- Manage daily activities that are aligned to area level business plans aimed at navigation of access and reimbursement for the specialty portfolio. This would include, but is not limited to, targeting, frequency strategy, resource allocation and communication plan with cross-functional teams.
- Conduct regular account review meetings that provide activity and trend analysis for use of HUB services and overall Takeda specialty product use.
Identify, communicate and resolve reimbursement concerns, specialty pharmacy and other issues with appropriate internal stakeholders, including Sales, Government Affairs, Marketing, Managed Markets and Specialty Channel NAM(s).
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience including similar reimbursement roles within pharmaceutical or biotech or account based reimbursement management.
- Excellent working knowledge of evolving reimbursement landscape and the practice management environment
- Demonstrated willingness to collaborate and partner with internal colleagues
- Demonstrated knowledge of the complex regulatory environment
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in account management, relationship development and account penetration
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and flexibility to meet customer demands
- MBA or advanced degree
- Strong base in healthcare policy, reimbursement, market access, or similar industry is preferred.
- Experience with infusible buy & bill products in Immunology and/or gastroenterology
- Complex reimbursement experience
- Anticipate extent of travel up to 75%
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.