Based in Cambridge, MA, the role is a computational biologist who will apply computational solutions for integrative analysis of Omics data in the ongoing efforts to make contributions in (1) gaining mechanistic insights into the effect of drug treatment, (2) target and biomarker discovery, (3) indication and patient population selection and (4) building clinical development strategy.
- Acts as an expert consultant and scientific resource for others in the organization based on extensive knowledge from within own discipline
- Collaborates with others, and acts as scientific resource for an aspect of a program.
- Contributes to team problem resolution and objective setting.
- Interprets complex biological information to perform tasks to reduce and consolidate output from various databases.
- Prepares data for utilization by other scientists.
- Is responsible for the analysis of both pre-clinical and clinical data sets including RNA-Seq, Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing, single cell sequencing and high throughput proteomics to nominate novel drug targets, enable patient enrichment strategies, and prioritize combination therapies.
- Monitors and queries new data from both internal and public databases to satisfy quality control criteria.
- Writes reports, initiates and reviews documentation. Conducts scientific presentations for internal/external audiences.
- Contributes to the authorship of scientific manuscripts, frequently as principal author.
- Contributes strategic scientific guidance to company patent efforts.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Requires approximately <10% or more travel, including international.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.