Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manufacturing Associate III in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manufacturing Associate III working on the Biologics Manufacturing team, you will be empowered to use your GMP experience to improve process operations, and a typical day will include:
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Knowledge, competencies and skills:
- Good knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP s). Working knowledge of all relevant safety procedures within the company. General understanding of most areas in Manufacturing and supporting functional groups.
- Has a good understanding of cGMP Biotech or Pharmaceutical operations
- cGMP: Understands cGMP requirements and follows those requirements, including requirements for good documentation practices.
- Must be team-oriented (proactively builds healthy working relationships between peers, their department and other groups).
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses good knowledge of non-manufacturing functions such as QC, Regulatory, QA, and/or Materials Management.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the scientific theory of biologics manufacturing:
- Has a good understanding of biotechnology processing - purpose of major unit operations and microbial control concepts
- Actively pursues learning of required skills, new skills, and new equipment
- Understand routine procedures upon which they have been trained, is able to revise and create new procedures.
- Possesses good equipment understanding, including understanding equipment function and application.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in the operation and moderate to complex troubleshooting of two or more manufacturing area s
- Ability to train less experienced or new manufacturing associates.
- Supports deviation investigations. Participates in cross functional projects teams, supports technical transfers with relevant teams/individuals.
- Proficient in MS Office and related PC skills.
- Must have the ability to work either Day or Night shift.
Bachelor s Degree (BS/BA) from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in a scientific or engineering discipline and a minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience, or Associate s Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline with a minimum of 4-6 years related experience, or High School Diploma with a minimum of 4-8 years relevant experience.
- Is required to stand, operate manufacturing equipment, computer equipment; and is required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety shoes, safety glasses and/or hearing protection.
- May be required occasionally to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds during handling of production equipment and/or materials.
- May be required to climb occasionally (use of stepladders/stairs in production areas, or stairwells in work campus).
- May be required to bend, kneel, or crawl rarely when troubleshooting production equipment.
- May be required to stand and walk frequently and/or for extended periods while overseeing production activities.
- May be required to drive rarely to attend offsite meetings and/or training.
- May be required to use hearing occasionally when listening for production and equipment alarms.
- Occasional movement of head/neck while using computer applications and handling of production equipment and materials.
- May be required to perform visual inspection of production equipment, materials, and activities.
- May be required to perform occasional overhead reaching during handling of production materials/files/supplies
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.