Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Investigator - In-Process Analytics, Biologics in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Investigator, you will be empowered to provide technical leadership for research project implementation and coordination, and a typical day will include:
Independently planning and executing unit operations/characterization and optimization experiments. Additionally this position assists with preparing technology transfer documentation and provides onsite support/trouble shooting during technology transfer or manufacturing as appropriate for project/role. This may include leading technology transfer activities and compiling vendor data for presentation. This position also independently interprets and communicates results and owns technical aspects of a project.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years relevant industry experience,
- Previous experience working in lab setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- May require approximately 5% travel.
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
Biologics In-Process Analytics:
- Experience with a broad variety of biochemical analytical techniques, including but not necessarily limited to liquid chromatography, gel or capillary electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopic-based methods for biologics and antibody-drug conjugates
- Experience with ELISAs, qPCR, and/or other assays used to evaluate biological properties and process impurities. Able to conduct independent troubleshooting of multiple methods
- Solid understanding of protein properties and familiarity with regulatory guidances
- Adept at performing more complex test methods, adaptation of release assays for in-process testing, and transfer of in-process methods to internal and external laboratories with limited supervision
- Able to conduct evaluation of new equipment/technologies
- General lab competencies such as equipment maintenance and compliance activities.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 10-30 % travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.