Expected to engage others by inspiring commitment through leadership and clarity of vision. Lead by influencing through relationships, mobilize high performance through targeted development, anticipate the Function s future needs and help lead the development of capabilities aligned with those needs. Champion change and be a role model for other management and staff not only in technical expertise but across Takeda competencies.
Portfolio and Initiative Leadership:
- Manages and oversees the timely communication and transparency of portfolio activity to PS management and key stakeholders
- Identifies, mitigates and communicates PPM program risks to relevant stakeholders.
- May provide scientific leadership of global PS development teams (GCT Lead) for programs of significant complexity or priority to corporate goals.
- Leads/participates as functional expert in divisional and cross-divisional initiatives.
- Represents PS on cross-divisional governance and development teams while providing strategy and accountability for PS deliverables. In doing so, accountable for all aspects of program management including budgets, timeline development, risk assessment etc.
Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and alliance partners, to advance and promote understanding of PS mission/job purpose and capability.
- Provides business and scientific leadership and innovation in pharmaceutical research and development. Builds teams across functions and regions with individuals who have the right skills and experience to deliver on key organizational initiatives.
- Mentors other members of the department to develop their abilities to lead and advance their individual skills of pharmaceutical product development.
- Demonstrates humility and approachability in encouraging others to challenge ideas and openly raise issues.
- Develops the capabilities of the department by identifying opportunities and anticipating changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business, and proposing innovative solutions to address them.
- Inspires commitment through a wide range of communication channels (meetings, writing, and presentations).
- Develops and communicates convincing business cases for department strategies that motivate stakeholders to take action.
- Ensures that operational standards and practices within the function meet state-of-the-art industry expectations.
- Identifies, evaluates, develops, recommends and/or negotiates novel solutions to meet critical project needs.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
BS + 18 years experience, or MS + 14 years experience, or PhD + 12 years experience
- Ability to propose and influence development that results in a commercially viable product.
- Must have the maturity to utilize scientific and technical knowledge to provide unique business solutions.
- Experience must be in a scientific discipline with expert knowledge across the full spectrum of PS related pharmaceutical development.
- Regularly contributes functional expertise to external industry and advocacy groups.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of several allied fields, such as quality assurance, DMPK, Pharmacology and/or Toxicology.
- Extensive knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), ICH Guidelines, other pertinent national regulations, compendial requirements and communicating with regulatory agencies.
- Must have experience in global regulatory submission requirements and processes
- Biologics Drug Product and Combination Product experience preferred.
Program Management Skills/Competencies
Proficient with the application of project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques for complex multidisciplinary programs and initiatives.
- Leadership - develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to influence and guide internal and external stakeholders towards the accomplishment of program, divisional and corporate goals and objectives; adapts well to different personalities and manages others on the team in a respectful manner.
- Risk Management ability to identify/solve technical, budgetary, and schedule risks to multiple programs and propose appropriate risk response strategies. Ability to identify gaps in PS technology/trends and influence change/improvements to affected areas/processes.
- Communication ability to expresses one s self clearly and concisely to key stakeholders; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts style, language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience. Can represent PS viewpoint at corporate and industry level.
Resource Management Ability to anticipate and manage internal and external resource needs (people, information, technologies, time, and capital).
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while travelling.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.