The SRAI (senior research associate I) should be able to independently provide in vivo pharmacology support to TCAL portfolio programs within CNS DDU. This includes: rodent handling, dosing, execution of neurobehavioral studies, tissue collection and surgical support as needed for all in-house in vivo studies.
- Plans and executes preclinical in vivo rodent studies independently as well in a team environment.
- Formulates drugs, doses small rodents (mice/rats) through various routes of administration (ip, po, sc) in a stress free manner to ensure low variability between studies, conducts behavior tests (for animal models of schizophrenia, motor coordination, depression, cognition, anxiety), conducts serial sample collections as well as terminal collection of all tissues for biomarker and PK/PD analysis.
- Works independently to establish and validate protocols not yet set up in-house on as needed basis as well as troubleshoots issues by reviewing literature.
- Follows protocols, records detailed observations and data in electronic notebook system, creates summary reports for the projects, and communicates results to the teams.
- Manages priorities, sets appropriate weekly workload for the in vivo studies. and trains junior personnel to perform studies.
- Participates in training programs, reviews and studies literature and design experiments, and provides updates at project meetings as appropriate.
- Coordinates with project leaders to set acceptable timeline for each project based on urgency and resource limitations and communicates with the upstream and downstream of in vivo study processes as demanded by projects to provide meaningful and desired data.
- Maintains the operation of the in vivo laboratory according to established standards and in legal compliance.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Able to work in a lab environment
- Exposure to hazardous, radioactive and toxic chemicals
- Potential exposure to rodent allergens
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Requires no more than 5% travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.