More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience.
- The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
- The Global Medical Information summer intern will retrieve, analyze, and interpret medical/scientific literature to provide medical information to external healthcare professionals and consumers.
- Apply medical & scientific knowledge, experience, and skills in supporting medical strategies for Takeda compounds and local affiliate training needs.
- Contribute project management skills to GMI technology and training initiatives to support local affiliate medical information practice.
- Ensure local affiliate escalated questions are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure unsolicited inquiries are routed to the appropriate affiliate quickly and reliably.
- Support update of standard response materials for a Takeda product/therapeutic area, including literature search, evaluation, summary, and fact-check of materials.
- Provide assistance with training initiatives, including creation of enduring training materials using various technologies like PowerPoint, Brainshark, and Captivate.
- Provide project management assistance (timelines, meeting updates, internal communication, etc) with ongoing technology initiatives including new response modalities, functional area internal website, and internal social media groups.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate-level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master s degree; for Bachelor s and Master s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
May work on the computer for several hours at a time.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.