Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Global Regulatory Intelligence in ourCambridge, MAoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Global Regulatory Intelligenceworking on theXXXXteam, you will be empowered toXXXX andXXXX, and a typical day will include:
- Global regulatory intelligence contact for key stakeholders including therapeutic areas and regional teams as determined in collaboration with regional EU, US and EM Reg Intel colleagues.
- Support regulatory interactions on policy and advocacy issues, including building relationships with key regulatory decision makers globally. Provide guidance for company relationships with other regulators and decision makers to further expand these relationships.
- Leads Global Regulatory Intelligence (GRI) to create vision for Regulatory Intelligence working collaboratively with regional colleagues with delivery of a work plan to meet that vision. Also works closely with the Regional Policy leads to drive success at the regional regulatory interface.
- With GRI & Policy colleagues, define and oversee the standardization and implementation of systems/processes to monitor the regulatory environment for changes that may have an impact on Takeda s products and goals. As such bring functional excellence to Regulatory Policy and Intelligence. Drive best practices and excellence in execution within the department and cross-functionally.
Utilizes his / her experience to oversee the strategic assessment of external regulatory changes globally and, to work with subject matter experts within the Company, to drive or support the decision making process to understand and prioritize the regulatory risks & opportunities globally: the internal impact analyses, development of strategies/ positions and drive for appropriate action(s) relevant to Takeda's Therapeutic Areas of focus and development projects.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
BSc. Advanced scientific related degree preferred; BA accepted based on experience. Advanced degree preferred
- Extensive pharmaceutical industry experience. This is inclusive of thorough regulatory experience or a solid combination of regulatory and/or related experience in both development and post-marketing phases.
- Deep understanding of regulations and guidances governing drugs and biologics in all phases of development, including post-marketing, in the US and/or EU (relevant to role), with a good understanding of basic regulatory requirements in emerging markets. Sound knowledge of intelligence tools and methods
- Understands and interprets complex scientific issues across projects and therapy area(s) of responsibility as it relates to regulatory requirements, regulatory intelligence, policy and strategy for the region. Proven track record working with a major regulatory agency, specific experience in government affairs or policy is also desired
- Excellent collaboration/relationship building, strong influencing and negotiation skills, integrity and adaptability. Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as managing and adhering to timelines. Proven success at stakeholder engagement across organizational levels and boundaries
- Must be strong overall and able to train/develop staff in the area of regulatory strategy such as understanding broad concepts within regulatory affairs and implications across the organization and globally; proactively identifies regulatory issues; offers creative solutions and strategies, including risk mitigation strategies.
- Ability to develop regulatory strategy to balance short and long term objectives, and drive teams to make decisions and achieve deliverables within agreed parameters and timescales
- Generally strong in working well with others, within global teams and communicating with senior leadership.
- Must be strong leader that creates vision for group. Inspires and motivates group. Takes stand on important issues in productive, respectful way. Able to mentor and develop skills of staff.
Experience in managing personnel required; experience managing relationships with CROs and/or contractors also preferred.
Routine demands of an office based environment.
20%, some international required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.