Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist II, Assay Development Immunobiologics in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As aScientist II, Assay Development Immunobiologics working on the Immunobiologics team, you will be empowered to provide strategic input to project teams and manage resource allocation across programs, and a typical day will include:
The Immunobiologics group within Immunology Research at Takeda Boston is seeking an experienced candidate with deep and extensive understanding of biochemical and cell based assays. The successful candidate will design and implement in vitro pharmacological approaches for selecting and characterizing therapeutic modalities including antibodies and alternative antibody and biologic formats such as single domain Abs and cyclic peptides. The role is a lab based research scientist who will also be responsible for participating on matrixed project teams, interfacing with colleagues within Immunology and Oncology teams and evaluating cutting edge Immuno-oncology platforms in collaboration with external partners. Experience in developing highthroughput assays including ELISA, FACS binding and functional assays, optimizing assay throughput and performance and analyzing high content biology data is required. Prior experience in screening of antibody and protein therapeutics candidates in inflammation including innate and adaptive immune mechanisms is strongly desired.
- Support drug discovery programs by providing relevant scientific and strategic input to project teams regarding invitro pharmacological studies
- Manages resource allocation across programs based on needs and prioritization
- Design and execute screening assays that enable the selection and characterization of desirable therapeutic leads against disease targets for IO applications, including development and validation of novel, cellular immunological and biochemical assays
- Contribute and implements new ideas and in vitro proof of concept studies to enable initiation of new discovery project concepts
- Function effectively as a part of both functional and cross functional teams by interfacing with project teams to meet timelines and blueprints for target product profile
- Troubleshoot complex problems in creative and effective ways; whenever necessary and actively participates in innovation and/or optimization of established processes to ensure project goals are met
- Works effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary, cross functional teams.
- Spends 90% time in the laboratory, including hands on mentoring of scientists.
- Presents research findings clearly and effectively at internal and external meetings and with participants of all levels of the organization
- May lead pipeline related projects in cross functional teams
- Maintain familiarity with the current scientific literature in the Immunotherapy field, contribute to new target ideas and concepts
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely data entry into laboratory notebooks
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Immunology/Cell Biology with postdoctoral training and a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in industry
- Publications in peer reviewed journals demonstrating achievement in the above
- Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge in a wide range of biochemical and cell based assay development with biologics in immunology, inflammation or related areas is required
- Hands on experience and ability to work with minimum supervision in carrying out high throughput data acquisition, analysis, storage and reporting by FACS, ELISA, Luminex, and additional highthroughput assay formats is required
- Experience with mammalian cell culture with best practices in tissue culture is required
- Experience with primary human and rodent immune cells is strongly desired
- Use of scientific databases and application for data management and data analysis
- Hands on experience with automated platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to work in cross-functional project teams
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Self-motivated, collaborative with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast paced biotech like environment
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Working in a lab environment: standing, walking, bending, etc.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.