The Director of Immuno Biologics is a technical expert in Antibody and or Protein Engineering with a broad knowledge and understanding of Immunological pathways for developing therapeutics modalities for application in Immuno Oncology.
- Role is based in Cambridge, MA and reports to the Site Head of the Immunology Unit.
- Responsible for leading a nimble team of Biologics researchers, focused on proto-typing novel multi-specific scaffolds, such as Camelid VHH antibodies, cyclic peptides and other non Ig scaffolds as per need.
- Provide vision and leadership to drive the development of world-class capabilities by leveraging state-of-the-art biologics partnerships and CROs to support needs of the organization.
- Provides molecular biology, protein chemistry and cell biology expertise for Immuno Biologics Research and cross-functional teams.
- Provides strategic input to maximize productivity to shorten timelines to lead selection and optimization..
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to all members of TBOS Immunology Biologics group, to ensure that the workforce is highly engaged and productive.
- Assess and implements new methods and technologies, as needed to remain industry-competitive in Biologics.
- Provides guidance to discovery programs and platform initiatives to implement Immuno Biologics strategy, defines critical path and identifies opportunities for innovation, peer reviewed publications and patent filing.
- Collaborate with other members of the Immunology and Oncology group s staff and management to ensure that our organization is as productive and effective as possible.
- Provides mentorship and technical guidance and identifies talent development opportunities for scientists of all levels within the group.
- Assumes responsibility for research management activities such as departmental and organizational goal setting, budget management and other administrative functions
- Collaborates with project leaders to ensure timely progress in research projects, prioritization and resource utilization
- Evaluates performance of individuals in functional group and on program research teams
- Supports product candidate pipeline management through program leadership and participation in portfolio management
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Protein Engineering/Biotechnology or related discipline, with minimum of 12+ years of experience in drug discovery with at least 4 years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience with various discovery and display technology platforms for Biologics, including novel multi-specific scaffolds.
- Strong track record in a leadership role of scientific and biologics drug discovery achievement from target concept to nomination of lead candidates for IND filing and clinical PoC studies.
- Track record of accomplishments as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and /or inventions
- Recognized expert in protein therapeutics, protein engineering and molecular biology and its applications within at least one therapeutic area;
- Broad understanding of biologics drug discovery with appreciation of critical pinch points and CMC attributes is required.
- Experience with biologics in Imunology/Immunotherapy preferred.
- Significant experience in formatting and execution of medium-throughput biological screens.
- Demonstrated ability to manage productive functional group and cross functional projects teams that include PhD level scientists is required.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (oral and writing).
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Working in a lab environment: standing, walking, bending, etc.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 10% travel.
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.