The focus of this position will be to independently carry out experiments to address the pathology of immunology and gastrointestinal diseases and to address the mechanism-of-action of therapeutic molecules.
- Independently performs and evaluates experiments from conception through data interpretation
- Evaluates, designs and helps execute collaborations with external partners (academic / industry)
- Manages resource allocation across programs based on needs and prioritization
- Provides analysis and interpretation of data; writes study reports and presents data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization
- Partners with translational medicine and early clinical teams to propose and validate biomarker strategies for clinical proof-of-mechanism
- Spends up to 90% of time in laboratory, including hands-on mentoring of scientists
- Presents results both written and verbal and delivers completed reports within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Complies with laboratory safety procedures
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Immunology and/or Molecular Biology with 4+ years of relevant experience or MS/MA with 14+ years of relevant experience or BS/BA with 16+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Immunology research is necessary
- Experience with gastrointestinal biology and/or pathology is preferred
- Minimum 5 years Industry experience in advancing Biologics programs
- Experience in cross-mentoring talent in a matrix environment
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects up to 25lbs
- Able to work in a lab environment
we are driven to improve people's lives
- Willingness to travel to various meetings including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.