More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. As a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited conducts R&D both internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system, plus vaccines. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in Emerging Markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Reporting to the Head of the Immunology Unit, this role will oversee global Unit operations, including: portfolio tracking, budget, headcount, resource allocations, and contracts.
- Additionally, this role will interact closely with other senior leaders in the Immunology Unit to support interfaces with internal and external partners.
- The successful candidate will play a critical role in all aspects of Immunology Unit operations and will be key to overall DDU performance.
- A senior level advisor for the Immunology Unit head with respect to all aspects of operational activities and PRD global initiatives
- Works closely with Finance leadership teams to support MRP execution and budget tracking
- Manages and optimizes IU spend
- Oversees monthly actuals & headcount reporting to IU department heads
- Provides quarterly & yearly financial reports to PRD Finance
- Benchmarks IU Discovery metrics versus industry
- Maintain a real-time view of portfolio, resources, collaborations & budget
- Assemble monthly status reports for projects
- Supervise project managers to facilitate a cohesive operational approach across project teams (meetings, minutes, milestones)
- Help project teams link to other internal functions (competitive intelligence, contracting, other platforms)
- Assist teams in managing CROs
- Operational excellence
- Manages the IU business operations workflow, ensuring that deliverables are provided on schedule
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on strategic initiatives, performance metrics and KPIs
- Acts as a key facilitator of new global project initiatives liaising with TBOS. TACL & SRC scientific staff, Takeda Procurement, Finance, SPG, PMO etc global groups located in the US & Japan
- Liaise cross-functionally (Legal, Finance, Sourcing, Business Development) to support execution of ONC DDU activities and deliverables
- General issue resolution across all areas of the Discovery organization
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. degree in drug discovery related field with a minimum of 10 years experience in Research function
- Broad scientific expertise, successful track record in project leadership Entrepreneurial innovative perspective on business with the ability to translate concepts into action. Excellent organizational, operational, negotiation & communicator skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- People person with excellent collaboration skills
- Global perspective with the ability to understand and perform in an environment shaped by multiple cultural perspectives
- Logical approach to problem solving in the absence of an established framework
- Common sense, leadership skills and a team orientation
- Ability to analyze & resolve complex problems
- Financial acumen
- The person in this role must be proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and should possess good interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
- The ability to act independently while practicing a team concept is essential.
- Accurate and precise communication skills are essential.
- Project leadership skills, ie the ability to influence without authority.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects, be flexible and have a positive attitude. Skill simplifying and organizing complex tasks required
- Minimal travel within US (up to 6 overnight trips per year)
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.