Technical Architect - Infrastructure
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Technical Architect - Infrastructure in our Boston, Deerfield, Konstanz, Osaka, Tokyo or Zurich office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by more than 230-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Watch our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Technical Architect - Infrastructure on the Global Information Technology team, you will be empowered maintain a well-rounded understanding of current and future business initiatives and requirements and assess key IT technology and trends and their impact on Takeda business process and systems.to develop and rollout future business initiatives and a typical day will include:
- Serves as domain expert and principal designer for major infrastructure within area of specialization.
- Develops the strategic vision with IT Management for area of responsibility.
- Analyses the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and researches/evaluates alternative solutions while weighing costs, efficiencies, and industry best practices to provide recommended solution within area of responsibility.
- Reports to Head of Data Center & Network Service (DCNS) Architecture.
- Primary developer of cloud and on premise global data center services architectural strategy, including technology and services standardization, consolidation and modernization of existing infrastructure solutions and services.
- Experience designing bespoke systems for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into infrastructure design considerations and deliver appropriate designs meeting those requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision while displaying proven ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and tasks and successfully manage multiple engagements that may require additional resources.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to think outside the box and master new technologies and skills.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or information systems
- 5+ years in a Data Center and/or Cloud Architect type role in a global environment would be ideal.
- Deep understanding of database design, implementation and operations (Oracle/MSSQL), including high availability and disaster recovery techniques is desirable (though not required).
- Deep understanding of high performance storage technology (EMC/HDS/NetApp), systems, and storage area networks in large complex configurations is highly desirable (though not required).
- To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include:
- Comprehensive Medical Plan, Dental ,Vision and Prescription plans
- Comprehensive Career Development
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
Empowering Our People to
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled,
protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories
in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters please