- Help us make safer drugs | Steer pharmaceutical drug project
teams with expert advice and direction to design safer, more effective
molecules. Improve the quality of
therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive risk
assessment of target- and chemotype-related toxicities.
decision-making data | Design
& deliver of state of the art in
vitro and in vivo assays to
detect & de-risk toxicities for candidate drug molecules. Provide timely assays and results to drive
SAR within a project teams make test cycle.
- Develop and deliver novel in vitro assays, including traditional
cell culture and organ-on-a-chip technologies.
- Use genomics, molecular & cellular
biology to investigate mechanisms of drug-induced toxicity.
- Steer drug discovery teams to make safer
medicines using experience, in-house, and literature data.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Growing group needs both masters and PhD-level scientists with 5+
years of industry with knowledge of toxicology.
- Experience with advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines,
primary cells, and iPSC cells.
and molecular biology skills including development of reporter assays,
application of knock-out, knock-down technology, gene expression analysis, and biomarker assay development and validation.
- Expertise with Immunotoxicology and hepatotoxicity highly preferred
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a
pharmaceutical company and/or CRO.
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology,
pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Expertise designing & delivering fit for purpose assays for
understanding the mechanism of toxicity of agents including drugs, for
biomarker development and application, and for derisking drug candidates.
- Experience with liver, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, or
immunotoxicity toxicity assays.
- Skills in pathway analysis, network pharmacology.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
oral and written communication skills .
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.