Provide pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive risk assessment of target- and chemotype-related toxicities
- Develop comprehensive safety target reviews with risk mitigation plan, apply state of the art in silico and in vitro de-risking strategies to aid in the selection and optimization of large and small molecule therapeutics
- Lead development, application, and execution of state of the art in silico and in vitro method development for compound selection and progression
- As part of the Global Discovery Toxicology Team work in interdisciplinary teams within and across Global Safety Assessment to provide safety support to early discovery drug hunting teams and engage in core activities within the Discovery Toxicology group
- Work as part of a team of safety assessment scientists and more broadly DMPK, pathology, pharmacology, and medicinal chemistry experts to implement discovery toxicology strategy to enable the selection and progression of optimized drug candidates
- Provide target safety review and proactive risk mitigation plan for early drug discovery project teams based on literature, bioinformatic, and other predictive tools
- Lead the development of early hypothesis-driven investigation into mechanisms of toxicity for the proactive management of potential safety liabilities and communication of impact to teams
- Develop novel toxicity mechanism-based assays and integrated models to support early target safety and chemistry evaluation.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Creative scientist with experience in the development and application of novel cell based screens for early safety assessment to explore on and off target toxicity using advanced cell/tissue culture approaches, systems biology, integrative bioinformatics, and in silico prediction tools. Facility with bioinformatics and the ability to integrate and interpret data across multiple disciplines including toxicology, pharmacology, DMPK, and pathology.
- Deep understanding of drug development process and the field of predictive/discovery toxicology and its application through use of novel approaches and technologies.
- Prefer PhD with postdoctoral experience with additional industry experience; 8+ years. Will consider Masters with 18+ years experience to provide intellectual and investigational leadership for discovery/predictive toxicology efforts. PhD and experience in molecular toxicology, pharmacology, cell biology, and similar disciplines. Work with immune, liver, renal, CNS, or cardiovascular toxicity models a plus. Strong data analysis skills.
- Problem solver with strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to develop strong working relationships across interdisciplinary lines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required
- None required, DABT nice to have
- ~4 trips per year, mix of domestic and international
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.