- Design, implement and execute state-of-the-art bioinformatic tools for the collection, curation, analysis, mining and visualization of complex biological data.
- Identify pharmacological mechanisms and adverse outcome pathways that are related to the observation of in vivo toxicity, and propose actionable and testable solutions
- Enable the design and selection of high-quality drug candidates through the identification of project-related safety liabilities and application of validated in silico and in vitro tools
- Integrate into early discovery project teams, assist in the identification of on- and off-target pharmacology risks and identify de-risking strategies.
- Develop and apply bioinformatic tools to assist in the curation, analysis and visualization of large-scale, complex toxicological datasets from multiple sources
- Work collaboratively on computational projects across multiple disciplinary areas, including DMPK, medicinal chemistry, drug safety and pharmacology
- Design new computational biology tools and applications that are relevant to the design of drugs with the safest pharmacological profile.
- Drive the improvement of early risk assessment strategies through the identification of toxicological pathways that are applicable across all therapeutic areas
- Develop and maintain global platforms that integrate internal and external bioinformatic tools and models
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics or equivalent
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in drug discovery
- Demonstrated experience in data curation, data mining and an ability to interrogate, interpret, and visualize large and diverse, biological and toxicological datasets
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and implement computational workflows starting from raw data through analysis, hypothesis generation and visualization
- Understanding of all aspects of drug discovery including cell and molecular biology, medicinal chemistry and basic principles of drug pharmacokinetics and metabolism
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging in silico methodologies to drive drug discovery projects
- Familiarity with proteomic and genomic data analysis and systems biology software
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, C/C++, Java, R, Python)
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Skilled in clearly communicating complex computational approaches and methodology to non-computational scientists
- Pre-clinical or clinical drug safety experience is desirable
- Strong, written, oral communication and influencing skills are essential
- 10%, both domestic and international possible
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.