This position supports the day-to-day departmental workload, project administration and specialized technical support. This will also include handling daily deliveries/pickups, as well as shipping/receiving, storing and preparing equipment within facility, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all jobs.
- Rental management estimating, inventory, shipping and receiving processes
- Shipping and receiving including loading/unloading trucks
- Managing audio visual equipment inventory, rental manifests and assisting with quality control
- Use any applicable software/programs to view daily job needs and perform required processes
- Prepare all outgoing equipment or materials for client projects, jobs, ensure completeness and quality of preparation
- Move equipment from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas
- Ensure proper storage of all equipment/materials in designated areas on shelves, cabinets, etc.
- Principal organizer of inventory control and maintenance physical and electronic
- Ensure space is accessible and safe for employees and customer traffic
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Workweek schedule is Monday through Friday and on call as needed
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant audio visual or project based experience
- Administrative, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, arms or fingers to handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Also must have full capability to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb and balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 90 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Key Competencies for Position:
- Organizational Skills: use resources effectively and efficiently; perform multiple tasks at once; maintain data in a useful manner.
- Process Management: separate and/or combine tasks into efficient workflow; work independently within a team environment.
- Attention to Detail: produce accurate work, under pressure; check accuracy of information before using it or passing onto others; uphold the department s promise of "flawless execution".
- Priority Setting: zero in on the critical and put aside the trivial; sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminate roadblocks for self and others; exercise independent thinking and judgment.
- Communication Skills: communicate clearly and succinctly in person and via phone or email; speak in a manner and tone that demonstrates a supportive, customer focus mindset.
- Strong Customer Service Focus: focus on the needs and goals of internal and external customers; work well in a team environment to accomplish customer goals.
- Interpersonal Skills: relate well to people; build appropriate rapport; build constructive and effective relationships; use diplomacy and tact.
- Taking Direction: practice attentive and active listening; flexible and adaptable; drive for results and knowledgeable about how projects and tasks should be accomplished; demonstrate good follow through on information and project status.
- Learning: learn quickly and is relentless and versatile; open to change; enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasp the essence and the underlying structure.
- Initiative: strive to improve processes and procedures to save time, insure quality control and produce maximum results.