The Region Business Director (RBD) is an important member of the Egalet team. The RBD is responsible for achieving sales goals by effectively hiring, training, coaching, developing, and motivating sales consultants in their region. The RBD provides leadership and direction to ensure the proper execution of sales and marketing strategies and tactics to achieve sales results. The RBD is also accountable for the optimal allocation of resources across the region and sales territories to drive business success.
Sales & Business Planning
- Leads their assigned region to ensure success of promoted products for all customers according to the strategic targeting and marketing plan
- Develops a highly effective regional business plan and implements relevant and compliant business strategies to meet or exceed regional objectives
- Conducts timely strategic and tactical planning, budgeting, data analysis, and administrative work for themselves and their region as required and requested
- Understands and leads others to implement necessary steps to pull through and/or overcome managed care challenges related to promoted products
- Successfully manages allocated resources
- Ensures that all compliance guidelines are adhered to in the region
- Organizes, plans and attends various National, Regional and corporate sales and training meetings
- Prepares periodic Regional business reviews as requested by Head of Sales and/or Egalet management
Development & Skills
- Recruits and staffs district with highly competent Sales Consultants
- Hires and develops sales consultants into high-performing contributors, focusing on employee skill and behavior
- Excels at teaching, modeling, and coaching selling skills, and effectively leveraging business relationships
- Maintains a positive growth mindset to further develop themselves and their sales consultants, and finds solutions to become successful in a challenging marketplace
- Conducts field coaching assessments and performance reviews, and provides appropriate verbal and written feedback
- Effectively builds teamwork within Region and among peers
- Displays significant effort by working hard and working smart
- Rebounds quickly from setbacks and obstacles
- Connects well with others, including customers, direct reports, peers, co-workers and senior leadership
- Effectively collaborates with direct reports, Head of Sales, peers and other key internal corporate personnel to provide insight on strategies that maximize promoted product sales and revenue
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with RBD peers, Egalet senior leadership, internal departments and customers
- Skilled at oral and written communication and technology tools (computer, LMS, email, etc.)
- Holds themselves accountable to the highest open and honest communication standards
- Leads by example
- Effectively leads themselves and others with a positive mindset through change and challenges
- Highly self-motivated with a strong will to win
- Engages and inspires employees
- Provides clear direction to sales consultants
- Sets high standards and expectations of performance for themselves and their direct reports
- Develops a clear Vision for their sales team in alignment with Egalet and cross-functional partners
- Holds themselves and their sales team accountable to all execution standards, including reach and frequency, calls per day, and key customer targeting and messaging objectives
- Successfully coaches their sales team to overcome key customer access challenges
- Follows all company policies
- Displays passion for the Egalet culture, products, employees, customers/patients and company results
Minimum Job Requirements
- 3 years pharmaceutical, medical or device sales management experience. Documented track record of consistent performance exceeding established sales goals/objectives
- Highly preferred: background and/or strong clinical knowledge in pain management
- Knowledge of national and regional managed care dynamics is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with peers, supervisors, and internal corporate departments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and self-leadership skills
- Strong business analytic skills
Core Competencies Required
- Interpersonal Skills: Connecting with Others, Teamwork, Concern for Impact, Relationship Building, Integrity
- Results Orientation: Focus on Goals, Self Confidence, Growth Mindset, Inner Drive for Success, Learn and Develop
- Ability to Influence Others: Focus on Customer Agenda, Win-Win, Communication Skills, Collaboration
- Business Acumen: Sound Judgment, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking
- Leadership: Motivates Others, Develops Others, Leverages Authority, Leads and Adapts to Change, Models the
- Vision, Organization Awareness
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to articulate clearly and conduct verbal presentations with large and small audiences.
- Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane. Must maintain valid driver s license.
- Ability to view video display terminal images < 18 away from face for extended period of time up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and telephone.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Ability to lift, tug, pull up to fifteen (15) pounds.
Egalet is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)