Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
This Project Manager of ERP Systems focused on JDE is a hands-on, technical role with responsibility for managing a small team of employees and contractors. This Manger and the Team are responsible for the full range of activities associated
with ERP, Finance, SCM, HR, and general IT applications and systems of additional business areas as well. This individual s role will involve aspects of planning, analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of solutions, operation, and close
coordination with third-party vendors.
The Project Manager - ERP Systems JDE will cover development, configuration and management of applications in a level 3 support capacity. This role is the primary escalation point for the G&A organization as it applies to various business
applications, and will be responsible for issue and problem resolution, maintenance and enhancement requests, and accountable for on-time delivery with high quality. In addition to providing application support, this role will also be responsible for the entire
project lifecycle, and requires a proactive, and on occasion, hands-on approach to achieving success.
1. Solution Support and Demand Management:
- Project Management, accurately predicting cost and time required to complete development tasks and anticipating changes to specifications or schedule as they become necessary during a development cycle.
- Work with end users to define and understand business requirements, and translate them into technical solution design considering the feasibility on the IT environment.
- Collaborate with team members, developers (internal/external), vendors and systems owners in the planning, design, development, deployment and testing of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Participate in technology aspects of business sponsored RFP process. Work with solution vendors and service providers to address technical issues and provide a solution or workaround to end users.
- Manage the planning, design, configuration and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Ensure effective interoperability of services and technologies and assure alignment of solution designs with Shionogi standards, policies and procedures, as well as any regulatory requirements.
2. Operation and Support:
- Manage new and existing applications in addition to providing day to day application support of issues from multiple end users.
- Manage and provide level 3 support of applications.
- Monitor and resolve application issues by working with vendors and service providers.
- Coordinate user acceptance tests for modified and new systems, and post go live support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Manage JDE operations and development projects, as well as EDI and ETL interfaces.
- Work with related IT teams to ensure consistency of data architecture across the organization, and to assist in the development of a vision and strategy for the application portfolio.
- Develop and maintain contracts for applications and services.
- Remain current on relevant industry practices and trends (solutions, methods and compliance) and lead change as required, inclusive of regulations: Sarbanes Oxley(SOX), J-SOX, GMP, Part11.
- Control service level provided from vendors considering budget constraints.
- Perform technical risk management and mitigation.
- Work as a collaborative member of the IT team, supporting IT related projects of other business area as needed.
- Comply with the change control process in place.
- Maintain the validated state of compliance for systems and applications as stipulated by their current documentation.
- Drive overall solution delivery; requirements, plan, schedule, timelines, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Bachelor s degree is required -- preferably in a business administration, computer science, information management or related field. CPA or Advanced Degree is plus.
- Minimum 5 years JDE (ERP) system support experience in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industries including the configuration, integration and support; and - progressive Project Management IT experience - managing and/or directing multi-functional projects.
- Prior experience as a JDE Developer, and hands on experience with JDE (ERP) system development/administration.
- Experience leading and managing a team of professionals is also required.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle practices.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Must offer knowledge and experience of multiple systems and varied applications.
- Must have significant knowledge in subject matters pertaining to both IT and the business.
- Must be familiar with the standard products and services available from IT and represent them to their business partner(s) in the departments they serve.
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced IT environment, Capable of managing multiple projects in parallel.
- Self-starter who is well organized and is an effective, proactive leader and communicator who takes the initiative in meeting personal, departmental, and corporate goals.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Demonstrate ability to support the end user community for various applications in order to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Project Management certification or equivalent experience a plus
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html
-- and meet the requirements of this opportunity.
We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.