Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
The Director, Marketing reports to the Senior Director, Marketing and will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing strategic and tactical plans and launch operations for a new thrombopoietin receptor agonist.
- Design and manage commercial strategy and tactical planning to build and execute a successful pre-launch and launch of a product into the chronic liver disease / bleeding risk prophylaxis market.
- Ensure a very high level of understanding of the relevant science and product data, as well as of marketplace, diagnostics, market access, competitive and external stakeholder dynamics.
- Collaborate closely with Medical Affairs in the design and execution of communications activities relating to hepatology, gastroenterology and hematology KOLs, congresses, speaker programs and other external/internal engagement activities.
- Liaise with the Market Access team and external stakeholders to understand, design and implement plans to remove barriers and facilitate product uptake in the specialty pharma market.
- Assist the sales training team with the necessary technical expertise to aid in the development of all sales training materials.
- Create, track and regularly present launch readiness activities constant with scope of responsibilities to senior management.
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget.
- Travel may range from 15-30%; primarily domestic.
- Bachelors degree in marketing (or a similarly relevant field); MBA / Advanced Degree highly preferred.
- Minimum Ten (10) years of progressive and developmental experience in sales and marketing roles in the pharmaceutical industry, with at least three (3) years in marketing roles relating to specialty marketing of products that could include hepatology,
gastroenterology or hematology products; ( or even oncology products).
- Experience should include senior level marketing responsibility (e.g. Product Director) for one or more products, and should include product launch responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in professional education and KOL development.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing opportunity analysis, market building tools and strategy.
- Experience managing competing priorities in a relatively fast-moving environment.
- Highest ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html
-- and meet the requirements of this opportunity.
We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.