Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
The Senior Accountant will provide accounting support to the Accounting and Finance Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare Balance Sheet analysis and review on a monthly and quarterly basis including cash and investments, Accounts Receivable and Payables, Other Receivables, Prepaid Expenses, Accrued Expenses and Other Liabilities.
- Fixed asset analysis and review as well as processing of fixed asset transactions.
- Capital Lease Accounting.
- Prepare and Analyze monthly and quarterly royalty accruals and payments.
- Reconcile Intercompany Accounts.
- Reconcile Intangibles and prepare impairment analysis when necessary.
- Prepare and post various monthly journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of our Financial reporting package.
- Support quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
- Develop Sox Testing requirements for Entity Level and Process Level controls.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual Government Reports.
- Support ad hoc requests as necessary.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or Finance required; CPA preferred.
- Experience with 404 procedures and reporting.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience in a public company or CPA firm.
- Experience with JD Edwards preferred.
- Must have good attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid understanding of accounting theory, principles and practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively, with all levels of management and external agencies.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html -- and meet the requirements of this opportunity. We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.