Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
Reporting to the SVP - Corporate Development, the primary role of this Business Development
professional is to provide expertise and leadership in the identification, evaluation and execution of acquisition and in-licensing opportunities and management of the alliance post-closing.
- Work closely with internal departments to execute in-licensing, out-licensing, and collaboration transactions with third parties.
- Develop and maintain an extensive network of contacts with other business development individuals in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
- Lead execution of external collaborations; assist in analyzing findings and data, and present conclusions to management.
- Analyze business opportunities and assess potential markets to make recommendations for strategic decisions.
- Plan and evaluate projects by performing market research, analyzing new trends and market areas, and determining financial viability.
- Alliance management of partner relationships in order to maximize current and potential future opportunities.
- Position exercises initiative in determining plan for carrying out role. Recommendations are reviewed at the highest level of the organization.
- Advanced Degree is required; graduate degree in life sciences is preferred; or MBA.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working for a pharmaceutical/biotech company in business development, licensing, or M&A capacities or comparable experience working for a consulting firm, investment bank, or venture capital firm.
- Demonstrated previous record of success in business development in a highly success driven organization.
- Experienced in structuring, negotiating, and closing a variety of large and complex licensing, M&A, and partnership transactions.
- Ability to function autonomously and drive strategic decisions while also executing deals from start-to-finish.
- Strong analytical skills; able to work collaboratively on teams and communicate effectively with senior management.
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to be flexible and find solutions to complex issues in a creative, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively build relationships for opportunities and negotiate business deals.
- Proficient in financial modeling and various valuation methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Must be highly motivated, goal oriented, diligent, attentive to detail, organized self-started with orientation towards a high level of customer service.
- Strong network within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical market enabling incumbent to properly assess a business, product development, and life-cycle management strategies and opportunities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively, including overnight/internationally as required, to successfully perform the assigned role.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html
-- and meet the requirements of this opportunity.
We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.