Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years. In the US,
Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
Shionogi is seeking an experienced market access professional to join the rapidly expanding Global Market Access group based in London. Will work in the Florham Park, NJ office, and be responsible for focusing on pipeline assets from early phase 2; and will
bring an understanding from the US perspective to the team, regarding:
- Epidemiology & Burden of disease
- Unmet need and place in therapy
- Clear payer value proposition
- Early pricing proposals
- Definition of economic value
This will be achieved by working closely with Global and US regional groups including, but not limited to R&D, Medical Affairs, Commercial, Managed Markets, and Regulatory Affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To lead the market access development of selected pipeline assets from a Global perspective, and ensure that all pipeline assets incorporate the market access reality from a US perspective. This will include these elements:
- Develop the payer value proposition for the following:
- From phase 2 work with the multidisciplinary team to understand accurately US and/ or global epidemiology.
- Current burden of disease.
- Current competitor landscape and projected development of the market.
- Assist in the building of an optimized TPP, with a clear understanding of the payer here, and a gap analysis between current development plans and the optimal value proposition.
- Work with Development and Regulatory to ensure the right measures are incorporated into the development program and the data insert represents the optimized payer value proposition.
- Ensure the optimized payer value proposition is captured in the Global value dossier.
- Assist Medical Affairs and Government Affairs in plans to develop policy and advocacy appropriate to the therapy area and the clinical properties of each pipeline asset.
- Work with the Global Market Access team to ensure economic tools that accurately demonstrate the value of Shionogi medicines are developed and applicable to the US market, including involvement and/ or development of market research and pricing studies.
- Work with US Regional Market Access/ Managed Markets group to identify procurement and negotiation strategies, and optimized formulary incorporation and develop pricing proposals.
- Work seamlessly with the US regional multidisciplinary team to ensure that the value proposition, economic model and pricing strategy are well understood as they develop, and that US feedback is incorporated into the Global Market Access strategy.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate degree required e.g., Degree in Health Economics; Medical Degree; Pharmaceutical Science or MS in Business, Finance; MBA.
- Bachelor s degree - specific major is less important than experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of related industry experience which must include a proven industry track record in Market Access and first-hand pricing experience: at country level from a secondary care US perspective.
- First-hand experience of product launch and / or global pricing function is desirable.
- In depth working experience from US Market Access, payer and pricing environment.
- Ideal preferred experience (not a must) in Pain, Pain Related Diseases and/or infectious diseases. Insights into TA specific issues such as government stockpiling process and price negotiations are a plus.
- Must live a commutable distance to US Corporate offices in Florham Park, New Jersey.
- Ability to travel to accommodate initial training within global market access team in Europe (London, UK) for approximately 2 weeks.
- Travel to London and/ or Japan as required approximately 2- 3 times per year.
MOST CRITICAL FOR SUCCESS:
- Ability to develop tools that will support countries in product value demonstration and communication e.g. global value dossier.
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies in order to understand the implications for value to payers.
- Ability to design and conduct research to support the product value.
- In depths understanding and first-hand experience of US pricing and Market Access requirements, regulation, dynamics.
- Experience in Hospital pricing, processes & strategies.
- Knowledge of pricing research methodologies.
- Insight into pricing database options.
- Strategic understanding of strategic pricing and contracting, including innovative approaches such as risk-sharing deals.
- Able to operate with significant autonomy with ability to plan and deliver independently: self-starter and a decision maker.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver high quality, accurate work within the required timeline.
- Proven ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams.
- Interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a matrix environment.
- Formulation and implementation of strategic direction for their area of expertise and successfully deliver business objectives.
- A strategic thinker and business leader.
- Ability to have trade-off discussions leading to decision making.
- Hands-on attitude, highly willing to roll up own sleeves to succeed.
- Problem-solving mindset.
- Analytical/fact driven approach.
- Ability to manage external vendors to deliver great results.
- Excellent communication skills, strong oral/written presentation skills.
- A undying passion for improving patients lives.
- Inspirational people leadership skills.
- Continually strives to improve self and the organization.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html
-- and meet the requirements of this opportunity. We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.