A leading US biopharmaceutical organisation with a solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas have a new Senior Manager HEOR job opportunity at their offices in Alaska, USA. The company has a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and approximately 5,000 employees in offices across four continents.
- The incumbent is an experienced, well organized professional who will develop, implement and manage health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) strategies and tactics to demonstrate the value of pipeline and inline products in multiple therapeutic areas.
Principle Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a 3 year HEOR Global Medical Affairs Plan (GMAP) and outline strategic approach for generating required evidence and research output necessary to support Medical Plan of Action (POA) plans
- Lead, develop and ensure the execution of the HEOR medical strategy and activities to demonstrate the value of company products
- Research activities can include cost-of-illness evaluations, economic evaluations in clinical trials, cost-effectiveness and cost utility studies, naturalistic prospective evaluations, retrospective database analyses, patient-reported outcomes research, and decision-analytic modeling
- Provide high quality HEOR technical and methodological support to cross-functional teams to effectively use clinical, economic, and humanistic data to enhance value propositions, product reimbursement, and formulary access
- Maintain awareness of the quickly evolving global reimbursement landscape and the evidentiary needs of health care decision-makers to guide HEOR strategies
- Collaborate with R&D, Commercial Planning, Managed Markets/Market Access to assess data gap and to provide input on HEOR (clinical, economic, patient-reported outcomes) endpoints with Phase II/III/IV clinical trials
- Develop HEOR communications (e.g., manuscripts, scientific forum presentations, slide decks) and build the peer reviewed published evidence supporting the value propositions for the assigned products
- Maintain and continue to enhance knowledge of technical and methodological advances and trends to ensure best approaches are used in HEOR studies and evaluations
- Engage key clinical and HEOR experts and facilitate the building of relationships via collaboration on various projectsProvide HEOR support at advisory boards, regional educational programs, conferences and other external meetings
- Support the development, deployment, and appropriate use of Managed Care Medical Scientists field tools and resources (e.g. slide decks) and ensure correct positioning and relevant messaging in these tools to optimize access
- Adhere to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines, and company policies
- Knowledge of HIV, HCV/HBV is preferred
- Advanced scientific degree (Pharm D., M.D., D.O., Ph.D.) with a minimum of 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or managed care experience, and 5+years of experience in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR)
- Strong knowledge of HEOR assessments (cost-effectiveness, budgetary impact, cost-utility analyses, prospective studies, database analysis, PRO development)
- Experience in developing value dossiers and AMCP dossiers
- Ability to prepare HEOR abstracts for conferences and experience drafting, reviewing, and editing manuscripts
- A comprehensive understanding of US/global healthcare systems and reimbursement processes/public policy decision-making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (including ability to network)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including management of multiple priorities and resources
- Thorough knowledge of the managed markets and disease management preferred
- Strong business skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required
- Advanced degree (i.e. MD, DO, PharmD, PhD, NP/PA) required
- Relevant experience must include at least 10 yrs clinical practice experience
- Clinical practice experience within therapeutic area of interest is highly preferred
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying, please upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.