ProClinical is recruiting for an exciting new role of Manager of Genetic Stability. This is a permanent, full-time position based in Philadelphia, PA. The right applicant will manage the Department of Molecular Biology’s genetic stability team operations to ensure that all day-to-day tasks have been performed with minimal supervision from superiors. The right applicant should also exhibit a strong knowledge of all relevant regulatory and compliance requirements, in addition to a strong knowledge in microbiology, to create, update, and maintain all relevant reporting. This position is perfect for someone detail-oriented and hardworking, who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. Please note that some holiday and weekend work may be necessary.
- Supervise, plan, and review all departmental operations.
- Recommend personnel actions and manage employee relations.
- Responsible for leading the on-time completion of client sample testing in a requirements-compliant manner within the department.
- Act as technical reviewer when assigned to do so by management.
- Conduct reviews of test results, and compile relevant reports for appropriate personnel in all departments.
- Interact with client to address scientific and project planning-related issues.
- Ensure quality control testing is scheduled and conducted.
- Supervise, plan and review operations for assigned staff.
- Provide strong in-house guidance with regard to science and technology.
- Interact with internal staff to identify and address improvement and development of assays, and appropriately conduct same according to compliance requirements.
- Assure that laboratory staff adhere to all company SOP’s and safety protocols.
- Prepare and revise technical documents.
- Provide operational support for molecular biology activities.
- Ability to work within a team and independently, as the situation requires.
- Other ad-hoc duties, as assigned.
- Contribute to the overall achievement of department goals.
Skills And Qualifications
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Masters or PhD degree in molecular biology with documented experience in sequencing and hybridization/blotting technologies.
- Preferred previous experience managing a team in a GMP environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance requirements preferred.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a difficult nature
- Experience with laboratory equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in lab setting with varying materials and hazards.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push 25lbs routinely.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and complete other physical tasks.
- Clarity of vision
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, etc.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Eleni Farrell on (+1) 2679830134 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.