Our client, a small pharmaceutical company based in the UK, is seeking a QA Officer (GMP) to join their team in the West Midlands on a permanent basis.
The QA Officer will work in the Quality & EHS department as part of our manufacturing facility, producing cGMP-compliant biopharmaceuticals.
- The key function of this position is to ensure that the requirements of the Quality Management System are applied and maintained throughout the manufacturing facility. It is vital, in order to assure the safety of company products and maintain compliance status, that all quality-impacting activities are controlled by clear work instructions and that records of activities are maintained.
- The primary responsibilities of this role will therefore be documentation control and review, batch review and release, change control, filing and archiving.
- You will be challenged with the complexity of applying quality systems within a state-of-the-art automated manufacturing process that is run on a 24/7 operational basis.
- You will learn to plan, resource and manage tasks effectively whilst having the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of cGMP biotech manufacturing.
- Depending on assessment of competence and experience, further areas for development may include deviation management, CAPA, training, internal auditing and vendor evaluation.
- This QA Officer role entails working as part of a multi-disciplinary team that has close interaction with all other departments within the company.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- You should be qualified to a minimum of degree level, preferably in Life Sciences or Chemical Sciences, or have relevant industry experience.
- Some experience of Quality Assurance within the pharmaceutical (or equivalent) industry including cGMP and quality systems is desirable.
- You must also be able to demonstrate an ability to work according to detailed written procedures and in a systematic manner.
- The ideal candidate will possess good team, interpersonal and communication skills together with the ability to organise and manage their own workload, often to tight deadlines.
- A willingness to respond quickly to the needs of internal customers is also key.
- A high level of computer literacy is an essential requirement of this position.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Courtney Russell on +44 203 8141 315 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.