Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, join us as an AD/Director of Global Outcomes Research (GI) in our Boston office. This permanent position functions within the Global Outcomes Research (GOR) team, which contributes to the successful development and commercialization of new and innovative therapies. As a member of the team, an applicant will engage in global outcomes research studies that identify clinical, economic, and patient-centered unmet needs, as well as the comparative clinical, economic, and patient-centered value that our medicines provide in addressing those needs. As we are especially interested in developing our gastrointestinal (GI) therapeutic area, the purpose of this position is to provide global outcomes research support for this therapeutic area.
- Providing outcomes research support and consultative expertise for our GI products from early development through launch and commercialization across the product lifecycle.
- Collaborating and align internally with our other teams within a multi-disciplinary framework to meet product needs.
- Contributing to the development and execution of plans to elucidate unmet clinical, economic and patient-centered needs and product value.
- Designing, executing and communicating results of appropriate tactical activities supporting those plans.
- Communicating findings from these outcomes studies to relevant internal and external audiences as effectively as possible.
- Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to develop and execute successful outcomes and epidemiology research strategies for one or more therapies in an assigned therapeutic area.
- Design, implement and communicate results of outcomes and epidemiology research studies that help achieve product-specific objectives.
- Represent the outcomes and epidemiology research function on corporate cross-functional teams related to product development and commercialization.
- Collaborate and partner with key internal stakeholder colleagues to ensure priorities and strategies are aligned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in outcomes research in the GI therapeutic area. Demonstrated experience in GI-related observational studies is highly desirable.
- Combination of academic training and practical experience in outcomes research and epidemiology is required. This may consist of:
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus five years practical experience
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a Masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus five years practical experience
- Masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus eight years practical experience.
- Practical experience (number of years as noted above) in performing outcomes research in any setting, including life science companies, research organizations, academic institutions or governmental agencies, is required.
- Experience should include the conduct of outcomes research studies and the communication of findings to internal and external audiences.
- Familiarity with the role and importance of epidemiology and outcomes research in the multi-disciplinary drug development and commercialization environment and process (involving multiple stakeholders) is expected.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one area of outcomes research (such as, but not limited to, retrospective or prospective observational studies, patient-reported outcomes/health-related quality of life assessment, clinical-economic modeling and analysis, literature synthesis/meta-analysis) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health economics is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting or interpreting statistical analysis is useful.
- Experience in conducting outcomes research in different geographic regions is desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a multicultural and cross functional team environment is expected.
- Broad experience in collaborating with research partners and in managing multiple tasks and complex projects is very desirable.
- Ability to communicate scientific evidence, with strong written and verbal presentation skills, is required.
- Record of high-quality, peer-reviewed outcomes research publications is preferred.
- We are a global company with corporate headquarters in Japan and global drug development activities run from a small number of sites, including Cambridge, MA.
- Travel to meetings (sometimes requiring overnight stays) involving colleagues, research partners, and/or external stakeholders is a requirement of the position.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Expected commitment to travel time is approximately 10-25%.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Froggatt at +1 646 768 9727 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.